Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 7, 2013
10:24:25 PM
View profile
Selling on iPhone 4S with remaining AppleCare valid till June 2014
Hi I've got the above question that needs answered by u lovely people I hope you can help Smiley Wink

Basically I've bought a BNIB iPhone 5 because I wanted the advantage Of having quicker 3G speeds plus occasional 4G when I move to another Provider in December Smiley Wink

So my thing is when I get this phone I will have no need for my Trusty 4S which I'm pretty sad At selling it mind as I've had a good 2 years use from it Smiley Happy

Ok so It still has warranty left on it and as my 5 has warranty on it too It's not worth me transferring the remainder onto the new phone as I want to Get the iPhone 6 at launch in 2014

So when I sell 4S on would I must contact apple to transfer the details onto new owner or if the phone broke and they went into a apple store the rep could just asist
Them anyway?

Can you please let me know also how do I delete the phone from my account
So the new buyer can set it up in his/her way?!

Thanks Smiley Happy
Hi I've got the above question that needs answered by u lovely people I hope you can help Smiley Wink

Basically I've bought a BNIB iPhone 5 because I wanted the advantage Of having quicker 3G speeds plus occasional 4G when I move to another Provider in December Smiley Wink

So my thing is when I get this phone I will have no need for my Trusty 4S which I'm pretty sad At selling it mind as I've had a good 2 years use from it Smiley Happy

Ok so It still has warranty left on it and as my 5 has warranty on it too It's not worth me transferring the remainder onto the new phone as I want to Get the iPhone 6 at launch in 2014

So when I sell 4S on would I must contact apple to transfer the details onto new owner or if the phone broke and they went into a apple store the rep could just asist
Them anyway?

Thanks Smiley Happy
Accepted Solution

Selling on iPhone 4S with remaining AppleCare valid till June 2014

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 8, 2013 4:32:55 AM
(0)
Guru
Edited by brainwaver on Oct 8, 2013 at 4:35:10 AM

Hope this will help answer your question about transferring Applecare.   Smiley Happy

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5693

Kerry78 wrote:

Them anyway?

Thanks Smiley Happy

Hope this will help answer your question about transferring Applecare.   Smiley Happy

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5693

Kerry78 wrote:

Them anyway?

Thanks Smiley Happy

Re: Selling on iPhone 4S with remaining AppleCare valid till June 2014

[ Edited ]
2 of 8 (2,889 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2013 5:53:09 AM
(0)
Scholar
Awesome thank you Smiley Wink

So I will get the details of the buyer once it's been sold
And sort that stuff put with apple Smiley Happy

Do you know how to also remove the iPhone
From the account it's tied to with (iTunes Apple) etc

Awesome thank you Smiley Wink

So I will get the details of the buyer once it's been sold
And sort that stuff put with apple Smiley Happy

Do you know how to also remove the iPhone
From the account it's tied to with (iTunes Apple) etc

3 of 8 (2,868 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 8, 2013 6:27:59 AM
(0)
Guru

Check out these support articles.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5661

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5818

Check out these support articles.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5661

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5818

4 of 8 (2,863 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2013 8:45:01 AM
(0)
Scholar
Thank you once again @ brainwaver

Will bookmark those and follow them when
New phone comes oh and new SIM card lol Smiley Wink
Thank you once again @ brainwaver

Will bookmark those and follow them when
New phone comes oh and new SIM card lol Smiley Wink

5 of 8 (2,842 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2013 8:56:18 AM
(0)
Guru

You are very welcome! Hope you enjoy your new iPhone 5! I'm on the fence whether to upgrade to the 5s. I went from the 4 to the 4s when it came out and I've never regretted it. I love my 4s so having a difficult time deciding. Smiley Indifferent

You are very welcome! Hope you enjoy your new iPhone 5! I'm on the fence whether to upgrade to the 5s. I went from the 4 to the 4s when it came out and I've never regretted it. I love my 4s so having a difficult time deciding. Smiley Indifferent

6 of 8 (2,839 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2013 10:37:13 AM
(0)
Scholar
If you can sell your 4S like me and get it unlocked
Then I think it is worthwhile you doing the same as me by keeping the 5 till the 6 arrives etc Smiley Wink

The 4g or faster 3G speeds with the 5 is going to be a lot better for instance Smiley Happy

You can get some good bargains on the 5 atm btw
I paid £350 for a bnib one it's sealed I got the if numbers of the person who sold it me to check it out etc first I suggest you do the same too if you use eBay Smiley Wink
If you can sell your 4S like me and get it unlocked
Then I think it is worthwhile you doing the same as me by keeping the 5 till the 6 arrives etc Smiley Wink

The 4g or faster 3G speeds with the 5 is going to be a lot better for instance Smiley Happy

You can get some good bargains on the 5 atm btw
I paid £350 for a bnib one it's sealed I got the if numbers of the person who sold it me to check it out etc first I suggest you do the same too if you use eBay Smiley Wink

7 of 8 (2,831 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 4, 2014 8:19:02 PM
(0)
Tutor

Apple is starting to slip between the rocks with smart phome technology, theres so much other smart phones that in my eyes are better I have the Windows 8 phone Nokia 1520 and wouldn't trade it for a Apple and $200.

Apple is starting to slip between the rocks with smart phome technology, theres so much other smart phones that in my eyes are better I have the Windows 8 phone Nokia 1520 and wouldn't trade it for a Apple and $200.

8 of 8 (1,795 Views)