The new iPhone 15
divaincantare's profile

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

Tuesday, May 31st, 2011 10:12 PM

SMS sending links on it's own!

Help!  My SMS has been sending text messages with links to the same 7 people for 2 days now ON IT'S OWN!  It's like I've been hijacked but I didn't know that was possiable.  How do I stop this???

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

13 years ago

@divaincantare wrote:

I checked my inbox.  The messages weren't sent from email.  I get a push notification for txt, when I go to view, it shows a group message with a link to a stupid add like "stop smoking aid".  The last app I downloaded was My First Hidden Pictures.

How do I wipe my phone and keep all my info if I don't use the backup?

Sounds more like you're GETTING copied on a spam sms sent to multiple people.

Power off your phone. Then power it back on again. See if it happens again. If it does, start removing recently installed apps.

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

13 years ago

wipe the phone. don't do a backup as it'll probably backup the problem also

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

13 years ago

Are you certain it is being sent by your phone?  It is possible to send SMS messages from email addresses or even spoof the number sending the SMS.

Do these messages show in your sent folder?

What was the last app you installed?

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

13 years ago

I checked my inbox.  The messages weren't sent from email.  I get a push notification for txt, when I go to view, it shows a group message with a link to a stupid add like "stop smoking aid".  The last app I downloaded was My First Hidden Pictures.

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

13 years ago

do the messages show on your phone as sent?

Guru

• 

785 Messages

13 years ago

I'm confused. Are you Receiving them or other people are getting them from you? First post said other people are getting them from you and then your next post said you got them.

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

13 years ago

@divaincantare wrote:

I never said they were sent from your email, I simply stated it is possible to send them from email in general.

Before you go any further, try clearly communicating what is actually happening. 

Your postings are contradictory which makes it difficult for others to help  you.

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

13 years ago

I'm sorry, I thought I was clear.  I said my sms is sending out spam--a message to 7 or 8 people with an email link.  Someone asked if it could be coming from my email and I said no.  Then explained I get a push notification for txt but maybe I wasn't clear to say that the txt I get the push for shows it was sent from me.

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

13 years ago

I'll try powering down.  Thank you.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.