For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
Huffman5's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, May 30th, 2017 5:56 AM

Replacement devices have been horrible!

I received a replacement iPhone 6, which within a weeks time basically over-heated ( on the charger in my house) , shattered; I literally burned my hand! Thus , I returned to AT&T nearest me. As we only have cell phones and I am a stay at home mom with three children, two in school. They directed me back to the insurance company, whom sent me an iPhone 7. Now again, not a week later, the device will not take pictures (only a black screen). Followed all AT&T's troubleshooting recommendations and nothing!!! Very upset! We have been with them for over 10 years!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

This is not an ATT problem.  Att doesn't make phones and they do not insure them.  They also do not warranty them.  

Since the iPhone 7 is under a year old, contact Apple for a warranty exchange.  

BTW, the service you got from ATT was correct.  

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Huffman5 When you say "replacement" do you mean Asurion insurance? That is NOT AT&T.

I would take it to Apple to see how it works for warranty. (Since you aren't original owner, I'm not sure how that works).

When you have problems with Apple phones, I'd contact Apple for the troubleshooting, NOT AT&T.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.