The new iPhone 15
RosieR403's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, November 27th, 2017 11:40 AM

Releasing Phone Number

So i currently have a line with my moms phone plan and I want to get a phone with that number at another company. I would be returning the phone to my mother and only need the number, she doesn't want to lose the line and would continue to use the phone. Would there be a charge? The phone is on att next and she hasn't paid it off. But I just want to be able to keep my phone number and my mom still wants to have both her lines open. How would I do this and how much would it cost us? 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

Not possible.  Your number and the line are the same thing.   If you move your number/line to another company, mom gets billed the entire balance left on your Next installment.   She can add a new line to use the phone, but the installments must be paid off.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Can you tell me what number replaced my *** line because I am confused

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

• 

25.7K Messages

6 years ago

If you read her entire reply you will see you are talking to customers here. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

What release to another account with att?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

My ex is in charge of this account so i want to get my own account but i want my number and my phone and my upgrade fees. I know she can release the number online i just need to know how she can.?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@Winfield24 Your ex needs to initiate a transfer of billing responsibility of your line to you. When you accept, you will set up your own account and plan. More info here: https://www.att.com/tobr/

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.