Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Recovered my stolen phone

Contributor

Recovered my stolen phone

My iPhone 7 Plus was stolen 3 months ago so I paid to receive a new one from my insurance but I recently recovered my old stolen phone how do I take it off the blacklist? I just finished paying the phone off this month. 

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Sage (ACE - Sage)
Accepted by lizdance40
‎01-07-2019 7:04 AM

Re: Recovered my stolen phone

If you received a replacement from your insurance, the phone belongs to the insurance company. It will not be removed from the blacklist.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Contributor

Can I still track my stolen iPhone if I suspend and block it? And will this keep the thief from being able to use or get into my locked phone (set to facial recognition)

Message 3 of 4
ACE - Sage

Not likely.  A phone can only be tracked if it connects to a network, cellular or Wifi.  Since it can’t connect to cellular if suspended, and Wifi connections would have to be signed in/approved.    It’s best to use locked mode and cross your fingers before you give up and suspend.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support