For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
Tidbits's profile

Mentor

• 

70 Messages

Thursday, January 27th, 2011 9:45 AM

[Q] iPhone Data

I have tried searching for this information on this forum, and I may have missed it.  Sorry if these are repeat questions.

1.  Does the iPhone have a data toggle where you can turn off AT&T network data?

2.  If above is yes does it also diable wifi to where I can't turn it on and use it?

3.  Can I add the $10 text plan?  Online doesn't give me the option.

Trying to weigh my options as I am nearly done testing with Verizon, and AT&T.  I don't mind not getting the unlimited plan or 2GB plan, but I am cheap, and $15 vs. $25-30 I will take the $15 everytime especially I will ALWAYS have wifi in my most often traveled places.

Thanks for any information  you are able to give.

Master

• 

7.4K Messages

13 years ago

1)  Settings > General > Network > Cellular Data | OFF

2)  No, that does not disable WiFi.

3)  Yes you can add the $10 text plan.  If it's not letting you online, then call customer service and they can correct the problem or add it for you.

Mentor

• 

70 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks Planet-Ed I will look into it 🙂  Save myself some cash too!

Mentor

• 

70 Messages

13 years ago

One more question.  Are there any specific applications that'll allow me to monitor my data usage?

Master

• 

7.4K Messages

13 years ago

@Tidbits wrote:

One more question.  Are there any specific applications that'll allow me to monitor my data usage?

Settings > General > Usage > Cellular Netwrok Data

Mentor

• 

70 Messages

13 years ago

thanks so they keep everything in the same area.  Nice and thank you!  I would kudo you, but it won't let me.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.