Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 19, 2012
7:06:16 AM
View profile
Process for iPhone 4 to family after upgrade to iPhone 5?
My father has his own plan and lives in another state.   He currently has the 3GS.  I want to give him my iPhone 4 when my iPhone 5 arrives.  (Already have tracking number).

What is the process?  Does he need to get a new SIM at AT&T store?  Can my old SIM go with when my line is changed to the 5?

Thanks in advance.
My father has his own plan and lives in another state.   He currently has the 3GS.  I want to give him my iPhone 4 when my iPhone 5 arrives.  (Already have tracking number).

What is the process?  Does he need to get a new SIM at AT&T store?  Can my old SIM go with when my line is changed to the 5?

Thanks in advance.
Accepted Solution

Process for iPhone 4 to family after upgrade to iPhone 5?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 19, 2012 7:09:24 AM
(0)
Former Employee

naia777 wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Yes, he'll need a new sim from an AT&T store. Once your new iphone is activated, the sim in your old phone will be deactivated and you should remove it before sending/giving the old phone to your father.

naia777 wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Yes, he'll need a new sim from an AT&T store. Once your new iphone is activated, the sim in your old phone will be deactivated and you should remove it before sending/giving the old phone to your father.

Re: Process for iPhone 4 to family after upgrade to iPhone 5?

2 of 3 (2,522 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2012 2:10:02 PM
(0)
Tutor
A similar but slightly different question: I received an old iP{hone 4 from some one. When and if I subscribe to ATT Internet service, does ATT give me a free SIM card at no extra cost? Otherwise how do I get a new SIM card to replace the old one? Thanks.
A similar but slightly different question: I received an old iP{hone 4 from some one. When and if I subscribe to ATT Internet service, does ATT give me a free SIM card at no extra cost? Otherwise how do I get a new SIM card to replace the old one? Thanks.

Re: Process for iPhone 4 to family after upgrade to iPhone 5?

3 of 3 (2,137 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments