The new iPhone 15
naia777's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, September 19th, 2012 2:06 PM

Process for iPhone 4 to family after upgrade to iPhone 5?

My father has his own plan and lives in another state.   He currently has the 3GS.  I want to give him my iPhone 4 when my iPhone 5 arrives.  (Already have tracking number).

What is the process?  Does he need to get a new SIM at AT&T store?  Can my old SIM go with when my line is changed to the 5?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

12 years ago

@naia777 wrote:
My father has his own plan and lives in another state.   He currently has the 3GS.  I want to give him my iPhone 4 when my iPhone 5 arrives.  (Already have tracking number).

What is the process?  Does he need to get a new SIM at AT&T store?  Can my old SIM go with when my line is changed to the 5?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, he'll need a new sim from an AT&T store. Once your new iphone is activated, the sim in your old phone will be deactivated and you should remove it before sending/giving the old phone to your father.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

A similar but slightly different question: I received an old iP{hone 4 from some one. When and if I subscribe to ATT Internet service, does ATT give me a free SIM card at no extra cost? Otherwise how do I get a new SIM card to replace the old one? Thanks.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.