Helpful Links

Process for iPhone 4 to family after upgrade to iPhone 5?

Highlighted
Contributor

Process for iPhone 4 to family after upgrade to iPhone 5?

My father has his own plan and lives in another state.   He currently has the 3GS.  I want to give him my iPhone 4 when my iPhone 5 arrives.  (Already have tracking number).

What is the process?  Does he need to get a new SIM at AT&T store?  Can my old SIM go with when my line is changed to the 5?

Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: Process for iPhone 4 to family after upgrade to iPhone 5?

naia777 wrote:
My father has his own plan and lives in another state.   He currently has the 3GS.  I want to give him my iPhone 4 when my iPhone 5 arrives.  (Already have tracking number).

What is the process?  Does he need to get a new SIM at AT&T store?  Can my old SIM go with when my line is changed to the 5?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, he'll need a new sim from an AT&T store. Once your new iphone is activated, the sim in your old phone will be deactivated and you should remove it before sending/giving the old phone to your father.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Tutor

Re: Process for iPhone 4 to family after upgrade to iPhone 5?

A similar but slightly different question: I received an old iP{hone 4 from some one. When and if I subscribe to ATT Internet service, does ATT give me a free SIM card at no extra cost? Otherwise how do I get a new SIM card to replace the old one? Thanks.
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support