Problem with home wifi connection

Problem with home wifi connection

I have an iphone 4 that I've had since the day it came out.  I got an ipad 2; 2 weeks ago.  I have not had any problems with wifi until last night.  All of a sudden neither device will connect. (it always used to automatically)  Wifi is on and when I go to setting where it says wifi it has the network name but when I click on it I never get the blue check mark like I used to.  It just keeps searching.  My husband has the iphone 4s and an ipad 2 and he was connecting to wifi fine.  Last night I shut both my devices off and put them back on in the morning but it didn't fix the problem.  I went to my parents house and my wifi works just fine there so the problem is only at home with my 2 devices.  If someone can please help me on how to fix this problem.  I have read some stuff on line but it's all very confusing to me.   Otherwise I guess I will try to call AT&T when I get home.   Thank you very mcuh for any help you have to offer!
Message 1 of 11 (11,879 Views)
Former Community Manager
Solution
Accepted by topic author nicbee4409
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Problem with home wifi connection

Try resetting your network settings:

Open Settings and tap General, then tap Reset and select "Reset Network Settings"

Let us know if that works, if not we'll figure out some next steps. Smiley Happy

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 11 (11,874 Views)
Professor
Solution
Accepted by topic author nicbee4409
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Also try cycling power on your wireless router. Unplug it, wait 30 seconds, then plug it back in. After a minute or so see if your devices will connect.

Message 3 of 11 (11,850 Views)
Highlighted

Thank You!  This worked for my phone. The other relpy I got to reset the router worked for my ipad.

Message 4 of 11 (11,832 Views)

Thanks for your help!   This fixed my ipad.  Resetting the network on the device fixed my phone.

Message 5 of 11 (11,831 Views)
Former Community Manager

Great news! Glad to hear you're back up and running & welcome the the community. I hope to see you around the forums more often. Smiley Happy

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 11 (11,772 Views)
Contributor

Thank you...it worked for me.
Message 7 of 11 (11,566 Views)
Tutor

I wasn't experiencing quite the same problem as the original poster. I was having my wifi fade in and out when at home. I tried to reset the network connections and now it won't connect at all.

Message 8 of 11 (11,506 Views)
Contributor

Hey Nicbee, I have had this issue too, what I usually do is turn off the Wifi and the turn it on back. I also forget the network and then reconnect. If the problem persist, I restart the modem and router. You can read the full instructions here http://www.technobezz.com/iphone-wont-connect-to-wi-fi/

Message 9 of 11 (726 Views)
Contributor

We have 3 ipones we can not connect to Wifi and a Apple computer. We have tried powering off the router, changing the channel. Spent hours on the phone with AT&T and still we can not use our Wifi. We do have other devices connected to Wifi.

Message 10 of 11 (89 Views)
ACE - Expert

Either it's an iPhone problem, in which case you should contact Apple support.

OR

Its a wifi problem, which means you should post on the Internet forum.  This is not internet, this is the wireless/cellphone forum.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) We are fellow customers. Our answers are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 11 of 11 (79 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.