The new iPhone 15
nicbee4409's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, October 26th, 2011 6:32 PM

Problem with home wifi connection

I have an iphone 4 that I've had since the day it came out.  I got an ipad 2; 2 weeks ago.  I have not had any problems with wifi until last night.  All of a sudden neither device will connect. (it always used to automatically)  Wifi is on and when I go to setting where it says wifi it has the network name but when I click on it I never get the blue check mark like I used to.  It just keeps searching.  My husband has the iphone 4s and an ipad 2 and he was connecting to wifi fine.  Last night I shut both my devices off and put them back on in the morning but it didn't fix the problem.  I went to my parents house and my wifi works just fine there so the problem is only at home with my 2 devices.  If someone can please help me on how to fix this problem.  I have read some stuff on line but it's all very confusing to me.   Otherwise I guess I will try to call AT&T when I get home.   Thank you very mcuh for any help you have to offer!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

Try resetting your network settings:

Open Settings and tap General, then tap Reset and select "Reset Network Settings"

Let us know if that works, if not we'll figure out some next steps. 🙂

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

2.1K Messages

12 years ago

Also try cycling power on your wireless router. Unplug it, wait 30 seconds, then plug it back in. After a minute or so see if your devices will connect.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

Thank You!  This worked for my phone. The other relpy I got to reset the router worked for my ipad.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks for your help!   This fixed my ipad.  Resetting the network on the device fixed my phone.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

Great news! Glad to hear you're back up and running & welcome the the community. I hope to see you around the forums more often. 🙂

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Thank you...it worked for me.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

12 years ago

I wasn't experiencing quite the same problem as the original poster. I was having my wifi fade in and out when at home. I tried to reset the network connections and now it won't connect at all.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Hey Nicbee, I have had this issue too, what I usually do is turn off the Wifi and the turn it on back. I also forget the network and then reconnect. If the problem persist, I restart the modem and router. You can read the full instructions here http://www.technobezz.com/iphone-wont-connect-to-wi-fi/

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

We have 3 ipones we can not connect to Wifi and a Apple computer. We have tried powering off the router, changing the channel. Spent hours on the phone with AT&T and still we can not use our Wifi. We do have other devices connected to Wifi.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

Either it's an iPhone problem, in which case you should contact Apple support.

OR

Its a wifi problem, which means you should post on the Internet forum.  This is not internet, this is the wireless/cellphone forum.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.