Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Oct 26, 2011
11:32:30 AM
Problem with home wifi connection
I have an iphone 4 that I've had since the day it came out.  I got an ipad 2; 2 weeks ago.  I have not had any problems with wifi until last night.  All of a sudden neither device will connect. (it always used to automatically)  Wifi is on and when I go to setting where it says wifi it has the network name but when I click on it I never get the blue check mark like I used to.  It just keeps searching.  My husband has the iphone 4s and an ipad 2 and he was connecting to wifi fine.  Last night I shut both my devices off and put them back on in the morning but it didn't fix the problem.  I went to my parents house and my wifi works just fine there so the problem is only at home with my 2 devices.  If someone can please help me on how to fix this problem.  I have read some stuff on line but it's all very confusing to me.   Otherwise I guess I will try to call AT&T when I get home.   Thank you very mcuh for any help you have to offer!
I have an iphone 4 that I've had since the day it came out.  I got an ipad 2; 2 weeks ago.  I have not had any problems with wifi until last night.  All of a sudden neither device will connect. (it always used to automatically)  Wifi is on and when I go to setting where it says wifi it has the network name but when I click on it I never get the blue check mark like I used to.  It just keeps searching.  My husband has the iphone 4s and an ipad 2 and he was connecting to wifi fine.  Last night I shut both my devices off and put them back on in the morning but it didn't fix the problem.  I went to my parents house and my wifi works just fine there so the problem is only at home with my 2 devices.  If someone can please help me on how to fix this problem.  I have read some stuff on line but it's all very confusing to me.   Otherwise I guess I will try to call AT&T when I get home.   Thank you very mcuh for any help you have to offer!
Accepted Solution

Problem with home wifi connection

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 26, 2011 11:46:53 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Try resetting your network settings:

Open Settings and tap General, then tap Reset and select "Reset Network Settings"

Let us know if that works, if not we'll figure out some next steps. Smiley Happy

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Try resetting your network settings:

Open Settings and tap General, then tap Reset and select "Reset Network Settings"

Let us know if that works, if not we'll figure out some next steps. Smiley Happy

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Problem with home wifi connection

2 of 9 (11,154 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 26, 2011 1:15:55 PM
(0)
Professor

Also try cycling power on your wireless router. Unplug it, wait 30 seconds, then plug it back in. After a minute or so see if your devices will connect.

Also try cycling power on your wireless router. Unplug it, wait 30 seconds, then plug it back in. After a minute or so see if your devices will connect.

3 of 9 (11,130 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2011 3:02:12 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thank You!  This worked for my phone. The other relpy I got to reset the router worked for my ipad.

Thank You!  This worked for my phone. The other relpy I got to reset the router worked for my ipad.

4 of 9 (11,112 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2011 3:03:31 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks for your help!   This fixed my ipad.  Resetting the network on the device fixed my phone.

Thanks for your help!   This fixed my ipad.  Resetting the network on the device fixed my phone.

5 of 9 (11,111 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2011 6:50:34 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Great news! Glad to hear you're back up and running & welcome the the community. I hope to see you around the forums more often. Smiley Happy

--------------

Great news! Glad to hear you're back up and running & welcome the the community. I hope to see you around the forums more often. Smiley Happy

--------------

6 of 9 (11,052 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2011 7:01:57 AM
(0)
Contributor
Thank you...it worked for me.
Thank you...it worked for me.

7 of 9 (10,846 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 11, 2011 11:31:45 AM
(0)
Tutor

I wasn't experiencing quite the same problem as the original poster. I was having my wifi fade in and out when at home. I tried to reset the network connections and now it won't connect at all.

I wasn't experiencing quite the same problem as the original poster. I was having my wifi fade in and out when at home. I tried to reset the network connections and now it won't connect at all.

8 of 9 (10,786 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 24, 2016 5:55:19 AM
(0)
Contributor

Hey Nicbee, I have had this issue too, what I usually do is turn off the Wifi and the turn it on back. I also forget the network and then reconnect. If the problem persist, I restart the modem and router. You can read the full instructions here http://www.technobezz.com/iphone-wont-connect-to-wi-fi/

Hey Nicbee, I have had this issue too, what I usually do is turn off the Wifi and the turn it on back. I also forget the network and then reconnect. If the problem persist, I restart the modem and router. You can read the full instructions here http://www.technobezz.com/iphone-wont-connect-to-wi-fi/

9 of 9 (6 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments