For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
akoxeno's profile

Scholar

• 

147 Messages

Monday, September 14th, 2015 2:50 PM

Pre-order Nov dates for iPad Pro

Last week an AT&T store representative speculated (to me) that the iPad Pro would not be ready for pre-orders until "Black Friday".

That is an inconvenient time for me as I will be literally "Up In The Air" on a flight to Rome, Italy, and will likely not have Wifi on Delta's 764.

Someone on the Apple iPad forum suggested it would be November 1 as this date has been used by Apple in the past.

Are there any other indicators of when the iPad Pro might be available? I am trying to decide between the Pro (I have an iPad Air) and a Surface Pro 4. The Pro 4 should be released in October which would be an advantage for my international trips.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

8 years ago

Still thinking of ordering the iPad Pro? Visit Shop iPad Pro for pricing and ordering details.

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

9 years ago

If you check out Apple Store Online, preorder for iPad Pro is in November. They don't tell exactly what day it will be available to preorder, or be in stock. If you really want iPad Pro, I recommend get it directly from Apple, it is signature required on delivery. Had past complaints on ATT, about FedEx or UPS delivered items, but packages missing, or probably got stolen.

Scholar

• 

147 Messages

9 years ago

It is beause the offficial Apple line is so vague that I was hoping to ferret out a tip about the actual advent, especially if early or late November.

Remember that just prior to Sept 9, Siri would direct one to varous rumor sites about the various announcements! 🙂

And I do agree about ordering direct from Apple especially since I only need the Wifi version. But then again it might be a mute question for me once I see the specs for the Surface Pro 4. I am currently trying out a Surface Pro 3 and have it to one side of my pc and my iPad Air on the other side.

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

9 years ago

Apple always vague about release. But I saw in third party site about Surface Pro 3, they selling for same price the Ipad Pro cell version, more memory for Surface Pro 3. Good luck with whatever tablet you choose.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I know I'm about a month late replying to your post but in regards to tablets there is Apples offerings and then everyone else's.... I'm not even an apple guy but I am a realist and a techy geek..... They just make better tablets than everyone else and this new "pro" version is going to be next level and in a space all to itself... I would just exercise patience and wait.... Unless of course you have already pulled the trigger on micrsofts offering...    I have an iPad Air 2 and even it is way better than any other tablet on the market....and there isn't even a close second... Especially now that it is running iOS 9. Wait for the Pro.... It will be worth the exercise in patience..

Scholar

• 

147 Messages

9 years ago

After starting this thread, I spent 8 days in ERs and ICUs and have yet to adjust to a 'normal' life in terrms of sorting out what kind of tablet best serves my needs.

However, given that my last trip was to China and I constantly needed a harddrive with the many places without Wifi, I have been leaning toward the Surface Pro 4.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.