Possible to transfer phones>?

Teacher

Possible to transfer phones>?

I currently have a iPhone 3GS and will soon be upgrading. But My main concern is can I give my 3GS to my son who has a "Unlimited Data Plan" and he be able to use it but connect on wifi only. Or can he connect to data but use a small amount? THIS IS A BIG FACTOR in my decsion to stay  with my current or upgrade to bigger and better phones. If I can not I am not going to spend $15 more a month for him to have a data plan. (WE ARE IN SOME TOUGH TIMES!!! ) 

Message 1 of 19 (3,858 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Possible to transfer phones>?

so $2/MB - 200MB would be $400. That's a steal!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 19 (3,418 Views)
Professor

If a customer thought he was going to use that much data, he should just get the data plan for that month.  For the Value plan customers, 2GB of high-speed data is only $10, so I doubt that a customer would let himself get too far out on the pay-by-use plan.

Message 17 of 19 (3,415 Views)
ACE - Professor

21stNow wrote:

If a customer thought he was going to use that much data, he should just get the data plan for that month.  For the Value plan customers, 2GB of high-speed data is only $10, so I doubt that a customer would let himself get too far out on the pay-by-use plan.

Of course not! The point is, the reason smartphones require data plans on AT&T (and everyone else except tmobile) is because people "accidentially" use data with smartphones, and "accidentially" spend $50 checking email with casual data use. And then scream bloody murder. So now, no more non-data-plan smartphones.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 18 of 19 (3,399 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

Oh, OK.  I see where you are coming from now.  It's a sad state of our society when the cell phone companies have to save the customers from themselves. Smiley Sad

Message 19 of 19 (3,390 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.