The new iPhone 15
Programmer56's profile

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

Wednesday, August 3rd, 2011 4:38 AM

Possible to transfer phones>?

I currently have a iPhone 3GS and will soon be upgrading. But My main concern is can I give my 3GS to my son who has a "Unlimited Data Plan" and he be able to use it but connect on wifi only. Or can he connect to data but use a small amount? THIS IS A BIG FACTOR in my decsion to stay  with my current or upgrade to bigger and better phones. If I can not I am not going to spend $15 more a month for him to have a data plan. (WE ARE IN SOME TOUGH TIMES!!! ) 

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

13 years ago

I don't know the pay-by-use rate for data.  I couldn't find it on T-Mobile's website.

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

13 years ago

I think I found it.  It's $1.99 per MB, if you have no data plan on your account.

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

13 years ago

so $2/MB - 200MB would be $400. That's a steal!

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

13 years ago

If a customer thought he was going to use that much data, he should just get the data plan for that month.  For the Value plan customers, 2GB of high-speed data is only $10, so I doubt that a customer would let himself get too far out on the pay-by-use plan.

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

13 years ago

@21stNow wrote:

If a customer thought he was going to use that much data, he should just get the data plan for that month.  For the Value plan customers, 2GB of high-speed data is only $10, so I doubt that a customer would let himself get too far out on the pay-by-use plan.

Of course not! The point is, the reason smartphones require data plans on AT&T (and everyone else except tmobile) is because people "accidentially" use data with smartphones, and "accidentially" spend $50 checking email with casual data use. And then scream bloody murder. So now, no more non-data-plan smartphones.

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

13 years ago

Oh, OK.  I see where you are coming from now.  It's a sad state of our society when the cell phone companies have to save the customers from themselves. Smiley Sad

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.