Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Porting a number out of AT&T plan

Highlighted
Contributor

Porting a number out of AT&T plan

Hi, I want to port out 2 numbers on my AT&T plan. As an account holder what do I need to do, is there anything we can do online? I heard 2 persons at AT&T advised differently: one said we need to go online and filled out TOBR, one said we just gave the account number, passcode....to the other carrier so they can accept and process. I don't feel comfortable to give the other carrier the passcode, password....Please advise. Thank you.

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Sage (ACE - Sage)
Accepted by lizdance40
‎02-04-2019 8:13 AM

Re: Porting a number out of AT&T plan

Port out means move your number to a different carrier. Porting your number to a different carrier is done by that carrier. They will need your ATT account number and passcode. Sorry you don’t feel comfortable giving them that info but it is the only way to port your number. You can always change your passcode after the port is complete.  A TOBR or transfer of billing responsibility is for moving a number from one ATT account to another ATT account.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: Porting a number out of AT&T plan

Thanks for your advise.

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support