For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
RAF44F22's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, August 8th, 2015 5:56 AM

Phone won't ring.

When someone calls me on my iphone 5, the call goes to voice mail, and my phone doesn't ring.

The call is noted on my phone, but I don't know that there's an incoming call.  How do I get my phone to ring again?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hello @RAF44F22,

I’m sorry you are not receiving your incoming calls on your iPhone 5, I would be happy to assist you with this! 

Since your phone is showing the notifications of a missed call (or voicemail), but you are not hearing a ring or seeing the call pop up, this sounds like Do Not Disturb is enabled.

Do you see a half moon on the top of your screen? If so; this indicates you have enabled Do Not Disturb. In order to turn this off, swipe up from the bottom of your screen and pull up the utility tray.  This you will need to tap the moon icon to disable Do Not Disturb.

Thank you,
Charise

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Thank you.  I though that little moon meant it was nightime.  What a dummy I am.  I followed your instructions, and the problem was solved.  Many thanks.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Do not disturb is disabled. Any other possibilities?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

The side switch can also mute calls.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

No!  There is NO half moon at the top of my screen and Do Not Disturb is not enabled.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

It's a Android phone zte won't ring
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.