Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Phone number associated with iPad

Contributor

Phone number associated with iPad

We have several iPads. How do I find out the phone number associated with the iPad that shows up on my bill?
Message 1 of 7
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Sage (ACE - Sage)
Accepted by lizdance40
‎02-27-2017 10:51 AM

Re: Phone number associated with iPad

On your ipad to go 'Settings' -> About -> Scroll down and you will see where it says 'Cellular Data Number'... this will let you know what number is assigned to your ipad. 

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 7
Tutor

None of the text messages from ATT are received on my Ipad. How to correct?

Message 3 of 7
ACE - Sage

@AnneMarie  Please see your thread.   The phone number on tablets is not for calls or text, its for data only.  A tablet is not a phone and cannot receive calls like a phone.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 7
Tutor

Thank you, but I received texts from ATT on  this Ipad until July 2016. I continue to receive texts from friends and family, and successfully use Facetime voice and video. I know I cannot make phone calls. Last time I lost my att.net password (mail on this Ipad), ATT gave me a choice to email a reset link to the email I needed a password for (!!) or receive a text message with the link (text no longer arrives from ATT), or wait for USMail to arrive. I had no choice but to wait for mail, and, because I was out of town, I had to wait quite awhile. I went to an ATT store for help, and the clerk sad no hope and deleted my email account from this Ipad! Since receiving the letter, I successfully recreated my email, but can you sense my frustration about this text issue? Text used to arrive from 753-5 - ATT billing and payment notices, etc. 

Message 5 of 7
ACE - Sage

That was where you should have started.... this is an entirely different issue.  Security.  

Security texts of this type only go to the phone.  I have 2 step protection on all accounts and ATT messages on a phone and tablet.  Google, Facebook and iCloud verification codes only go to the phone.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 7
Tutor

Thank you - 2 step authorization a great idea.

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support