The new iPhone 15
lymann's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, February 26th, 2017 7:20 AM

Phone number associated with iPad

We have several iPads. How do I find out the phone number associated with the iPad that shows up on my bill?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

691 Messages

7 years ago

On your ipad to go 'Settings' -> About -> Scroll down and you will see where it says 'Cellular Data Number'... this will let you know what number is assigned to your ipad. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

None of the text messages from ATT are received on my Ipad. How to correct?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

@AnneMarie  Please see your thread.   The phone number on tablets is not for calls or text, its for data only.  A tablet is not a phone and cannot receive calls like a phone.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you, but I received texts from ATT on  this Ipad until July 2016. I continue to receive texts from friends and family, and successfully use Facetime voice and video. I know I cannot make phone calls. Last time I lost my att.net password (mail on this Ipad), ATT gave me a choice to email a reset link to the email I needed a password for (!!) or receive a text message with the link (text no longer arrives from ATT), or wait for USMail to arrive. I had no choice but to wait for mail, and, because I was out of town, I had to wait quite awhile. I went to an ATT store for help, and the clerk sad no hope and deleted my email account from this Ipad! Since receiving the letter, I successfully recreated my email, but can you sense my frustration about this text issue? Text used to arrive from 753-5 - ATT billing and payment notices, etc. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

That was where you should have started.... this is an entirely different issue.  Security.  

Security texts of this type only go to the phone.  I have 2 step protection on all accounts and ATT messages on a phone and tablet.  Google, Facebook and iCloud verification codes only go to the phone.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you - 2 step authorization a great idea.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.