For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
jcollins2156's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, September 8th, 2016 1:53 PM

Phone Tracking

So I'm curious. A friend of mine left her husband and drove about 16 hours from where she lived to be with someone else. Her husband shoes up the next day where she is. There carrier was at and T , and she had road side assistance on her phone, she said he told her he tracked her phone with an app AT and T told him about since the roadside assistance was activated. Is this true?

• 

25.7K Messages

8 years ago

I can't speak to the AT&T roadside assistance app but if the husband knew your friends Apple/iCloud ID and password and she had Find My Phone enabled on her iPhone he could track her that way.

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

8 years ago

The iPhone has a tracking built in. If the husband knows her Apple ID and password, he can find her phone.

• 

25.7K Messages

8 years ago

There is also this from Roadside Assistance help page...

Additional information

This Roadside Assistance program is a service provided by The American Traveler Motor Club for AT&T customers. It follows the subscribing wireless device, not the vehicle. You must have the subscribing device present. Coverage is activated 24 hours after enrollment.

Have her disable the Find My iPhone setting is Settings > iCloud and uninstall the Roadside Assistance app.

Scholar

• 

338 Messages

8 years ago

I believe in this case the "follows the device" is referring to whoever has the phone gets the roadside service not necessarily the owner of the phone. In other words if I have roadside assistance but my wife has the phone and I don't have the phone and my car breaks down I don't get the roadside assistance however if my wife's car breaks down and she has my phone she would get the roadside assistance.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.