mendinfences868's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, September 20th, 2011 12:05 AM

Personal Hotspot Stopped Connecting

Hello --

Hope you can help.

I have an iPhone4.  Been using the personal hotspot off and on for the past three weeks.  No problems.  Used it today then went to use it again tonight and it will not connect.  Shows in my Mac Airport as an optional connection but when I click on (just as I have been doing all along), it now asks for a password.  I had to do this when I first connected but, after that, stopped asking for it.  Nonetheless, I did type it in this time and that did not work.  Keeps timing out.

I've restarted the computer, turned off the hotspot and then back on, etc.  I do have a MiFi and I alternate between using these two for internet connection.  As I said, it is only tonight that it just stopped connecting.  It does show as available and, in the past, I could just flip between the two options.

Ideas?  Suggestions?

Thanks so much.

~linda

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

13 years ago

Have you tried restarting or reseting the iPhone?  Specifically resetting network connections in Settings > General?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

@YoungJim:

Thank you.  RESETTING finally did the trick.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!  (This was driving me nuts ... and, sadly, not a big leap.)

~linda

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

13 years ago

Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

5 years ago

Customer support is useless.  Sales force is even worse since they give you a OLD obsolete piece of garbage so they can fill a sales quota and unload their garbage INSTEAD OF LISTENING TO WHAT YOU NEED AND WHAT YOUR ARRANGEMENT IS.

SAY, I'VE got an idea:

DON'T BUY      ANYTHING from ATT,

unless you want all of your time c h e w e d   u p   in trying to get the PIECE OF GARBAGE  thing to  fing function.

AT&T   IS     A    BAD   WORD.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.