The new iPhone 15
spd2demun's profile

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

Tuesday, October 2nd, 2012 2:05 PM

Overheat since iOS6?

Been noticing very hot back on 4S since update, anyone else (still have the OLD model)?

I had been listening to music last night in car, unplugged (not in charger) from radio as usual, but noticed after an hour on the table, it had not dimmed the screen (mine is set to after 1 min.).

Picked it up and was amazed at how hot it was!  iTunes was still open with the last song played, but paused.

Battery life has been horrible since the update. 

Can Apple test the battery to see if it's holding a charge?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

11 years ago

They replaced my phone!

Perfect and clean, but couldn't duplicate the issue.  They noted several apps crashing, so took a photo of diagnostics and sent it to myself.  One was the Uverse app!  Uninstalled the culprits and reinstalled.

Hardest part was driving home without music, address book, or apps.

Master

• 

4.2K Messages

11 years ago

It does run a little warmer than usual and as for the battery it might be but not enough for me to notice so far.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

The battery does noticibly go down faster for me as well. I have not experienced the overheat issue though, even while listening to TuneIn Radio app.

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for the replies...guess this means a forced upgrade, again. Smiley Sad  Our old processors are having a hard time.

I mostly leave mine on all the time, but with the overheating, I'll have to be more careful.

If I get an answer for testing at the Apple Store, I'll report back.  First, they'll never admit this is a problem, LOL!  Been there, done that!

Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

11 years ago

Listening to a radio app has always caused the phone to heat up.

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

11 years ago

I never do that, and mine will heat up a LOT on 4G.  I keep 4G and Wi-Fi turned off, and all the Locate apps. 

It's been doing okay, today, so maybe just turning it off for a while refreshed its *memory*.  Smiley Very Happy

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

Woooo excellent to hear 🙂 might be worth a trip to the Apple Store if it happens again 😛

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

11 years ago

I still plan on going in to see what they say.

Are battery replacements free under Apple Care?

Maybe they'll give me a new iP5, on backorder. Smiley Mad

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

They should be covered I believe. I remember when I went to fix a '09 MacBook and they replaced battery and all for free. 😛 Might depend on the case.

Scholar

• 

390 Messages

11 years ago

That's great u got a replacement!

My 4S has only only got stuck on 3G Safari browsing once,
Hence I use it in bed it gets hot then Lolz

The other night I left my phone charging for a longish time
And when I took it of it was stuck on 97% for ages hmm
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.