Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 2, 2012
7:05:42 AM
Overheat since iOS6?

Been noticing very hot back on 4S since update, anyone else (still have the OLD model)?

I had been listening to music last night in car, unplugged (not in charger) from radio as usual, but noticed after an hour on the table, it had not dimmed the screen (mine is set to after 1 min.).

Picked it up and was amazed at how hot it was!  iTunes was still open with the last song played, but paused.

Battery life has been horrible since the update. 

Can Apple test the battery to see if it's holding a charge?

Been noticing very hot back on 4S since update, anyone else (still have the OLD model)?

I had been listening to music last night in car, unplugged (not in charger) from radio as usual, but noticed after an hour on the table, it had not dimmed the screen (mine is set to after 1 min.).

Picked it up and was amazed at how hot it was!  iTunes was still open with the last song played, but paused.

Battery life has been horrible since the update. 

Can Apple test the battery to see if it's holding a charge?

Accepted Solution

Overheat since iOS6?

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2012 7:22:15 AM
(0)
Master

It does run a little warmer than usual and as for the battery it might be but not enough for me to notice so far.

It does run a little warmer than usual and as for the battery it might be but not enough for me to notice so far.

Re: Overheat since iOS6?

2 of 11 (3,123 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2012 12:56:55 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

The battery does noticibly go down faster for me as well. I have not experienced the overheat issue though, even while listening to TuneIn Radio app.

~Sunshine Smiley Happy

The battery does noticibly go down faster for me as well. I have not experienced the overheat issue though, even while listening to TuneIn Radio app.

~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 11 (3,057 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2012 3:02:57 PM
(0)
Expert

Thanks for the replies...guess this means a forced upgrade, again. Smiley Sad  Our old processors are having a hard time.

I mostly leave mine on all the time, but with the overheating, I'll have to be more careful.

If I get an answer for testing at the Apple Store, I'll report back.  First, they'll never admit this is a problem, LOL!  Been there, done that!

Thanks for the replies...guess this means a forced upgrade, again. Smiley Sad  Our old processors are having a hard time.

I mostly leave mine on all the time, but with the overheating, I'll have to be more careful.

If I get an answer for testing at the Apple Store, I'll report back.  First, they'll never admit this is a problem, LOL!  Been there, done that!

4 of 11 (3,032 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2012 3:14:46 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by cousintim on Oct 2, 2012 at 3:15:12 PM

Listening to a radio app has always caused the phone to heat up.

Listening to a radio app has always caused the phone to heat up.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
5 of 11 (3,028 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2012 4:04:42 PM
(0)
Expert

I never do that, and mine will heat up a LOT on 4G.  I keep 4G and Wi-Fi turned off, and all the Locate apps. 

It's been doing okay, today, so maybe just turning it off for a while refreshed its *memory*.  Smiley Very Happy

I never do that, and mine will heat up a LOT on 4G.  I keep 4G and Wi-Fi turned off, and all the Locate apps. 

It's been doing okay, today, so maybe just turning it off for a while refreshed its *memory*.  Smiley Very Happy

6 of 11 (3,004 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2012 6:39:49 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Woooo excellent to hear Smiley Happy might be worth a trip to the Apple Store if it happens again Smiley Tongue
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
Woooo excellent to hear Smiley Happy might be worth a trip to the Apple Store if it happens again Smiley Tongue

7 of 11 (2,957 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2012 7:12:26 PM
(0)
Expert

I still plan on going in to see what they say.

Are battery replacements free under Apple Care?

Maybe they'll give me a new iP5, on backorder. Smiley Mad

I still plan on going in to see what they say.

Are battery replacements free under Apple Care?

Maybe they'll give me a new iP5, on backorder. Smiley Mad

8 of 11 (2,946 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2012 12:31:49 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
They should be covered I believe. I remember when I went to fix a '09 MacBook and they replaced battery and all for free. Smiley Tongue Might depend on the case.
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
They should be covered I believe. I remember when I went to fix a '09 MacBook and they replaced battery and all for free. Smiley Tongue Might depend on the case.

9 of 11 (2,874 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 15, 2012 6:40:34 AM
(0)
Expert

They replaced my phone!

Perfect and clean, but couldn't duplicate the issue.  They noted several apps crashing, so took a photo of diagnostics and sent it to myself.  One was the Uverse app!  Uninstalled the culprits and reinstalled.

Hardest part was driving home without music, address book, or apps.

They replaced my phone!

Perfect and clean, but couldn't duplicate the issue.  They noted several apps crashing, so took a photo of diagnostics and sent it to myself.  One was the Uverse app!  Uninstalled the culprits and reinstalled.

Hardest part was driving home without music, address book, or apps.

10 of 11 (2,692 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 21, 2012 5:46:20 PM
(0)
Scholar
That's great u got a replacement!

My 4S has only only got stuck on 3G Safari browsing once,
Hence I use it in bed it gets hot then Lolz