The new iPhone 15
drinkinghorse's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, July 11th, 2016 5:32 PM

Not receiving auto texts

I work for a company that just set up an SMS texting program through Clubtexting.

I have an iPhone 4S and a gophone plan. I don't receive the auto message when I text the keyword. It works for other people on their phones.

What's up?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

I found the following and it is a problem that apparently several people have and has been going on too long. AT&T has done nothing about this and none of the customer service reps have a clue nor do they know who would possibly know because their systems show that our phones are active and fine! At the bottom of this is some stuff I've figured out on my own and I'm going to copy all of this again and post the problem and hopefully someone with at&t will see this that knows how to fix it or at least research the issue and resolve our problem! Posted Jul 11, 2016 8:43:59 AM steveng Tutor Not receiving some test messages. I just recently upgraded my GoPhone to a Samsung Galaxy Express Prime (nice phone by the way). This is my first smartphone so I am still trying to get use to it. On my old 2G flip phone I was always able to get text messages from sites like Banks and such, who send a message to veryify identity. My problem is now with the SmartPhone the only text messages I seem to get are the "free" ones from AT&T that let you know how much your last call cost, and if they send me a text when I call them to ask why text messages are not coming through. So I only get them when AT&T sends them. I do have Data turned off and am only using WiFi as I can not afford a data plan or to purchase data stuff at this time. I have gone to several of the web sites that allow you to send a text messages to a cell phone via their web page. None of these messages come through, just like the validation messages I should be getting don;t come through. I am confused as I was able to get text messages on the old 2G flip phone, but now I can't with this smart phone. Any suggestions or reasons for this would be appreciated. Thanks, Steve 43 views • 1 reply (1) Me too Reply View all replies(1) Highlighted Kasey16 Jul 11, 2016 9:51:54 AM Contributor I too have this problem! I have a smartphone and everything used to be ok with sending and receiving messages until something happened in 2014. I used to receive short code messages which is where you get info sent to your phone from the internet. Like you were talking about from the bank or in my case Facebook. I'm not sure what happened but I believe it has to do with AT&T's system or how they have our accounts set up. I have tried everything I can think of and nothing works! I have called several time in the past 2yrs hoping I would talk to someone that might know what they're doing but no! Everyone I have talked to have been clueless! One thing that I have figured out is that the computer or internet sees my account or number as being inactive or out of service! But of course At&t's system doesn't see that! I'm not exactly sure but I think AT&T's messages are sent through the network and not the internet. And that's why we are able to receive their messages. Hopefully someone will see our posts and can fix our problem. I will post if I find out a solution or any new!

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

Try this, it's a good "test", to see if you can get an automated text message, routed through the basic AT&T email->text server:

http://www.emailtextmessages.com/

If your incoming texts have things like signatures with pictures, they automatically get transformed into a MMS text.  Sometimes, if you don't have a data plan, you need to talk to those who might be sending you texts, about format.

*If this (or another post in this thread) fixes your problem/issue, please mark it as solved, and I'll tag it, to make it easier for others to find the answer(s). Thanks.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

I tried using the format that the link suggested just now and it did not work! I have tried it before and it used to work but since 2014 it hasn't! I can't even send a text message to someone else using my email on my phone! Even if I'm sending to someone who is an AT&T contract customer it still doesn't work! It will say sending and sent but it is never received! It won't let me text message an email address either! This is with data on and off, Wi-fi on and off but nothing! Very very frustrating! I need to be able to send and receive notifications on several important services! Thank you for your help and any other ideas would be greatly appreciated

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Same problem here with my Samsung Galaxy Prime Go Phone. I can receive regular texts and pics from friends, but cannot receive "code" numbers from my bank for transfers and confirmations.  I've called At&t and the bank, all clueless amateurs. I'm on the $2 a day plan too. Anyone? anyone? Got a clue.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.