The new iPhone 15
clhsr's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, February 24th, 2012 4:45 AM

No text sound

Just got iphone 4s, when I rec. a text I get the alert sound, I reply, when the other person replies no sound just vibrate. As long as I stay in that conversation with that person, no sound. Is that normal for this phone?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

101 Messages

12 years ago

@clhsr wrote:

Just got iphone 4s, when I rec. a text I get the alert sound, I reply, when the other person replies no sound just vibrate. As long as I stay in that conversation with that person, no sound. Is that normal for this phone?

You should get a sound, just not the same alert sound when your not in that conversation.  It is not very loud and the sound is just the opposite of the sound it makes when you send a message.  You may just not be hearing it....

Can you hear a sound when you reply or send a message?

Is your volume all the way up?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

402 Messages

12 years ago

If you keep the conversation open then you won't hear your normal text sound with that person. The sound will be kind of like a "swoosh".  But if you go back to your message screen then your text sound will alert normally again. This is the way the phone works. As hinzy stated; make sure your volume is turned up if you aren't hearing any sound at all.

@clhsr wrote:

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

thanks very much, that is just what is happening both you and brainwaver were a great help.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.