The new iPhone 15
rdbecker's profile

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

Saturday, September 22nd, 2012 4:39 PM

No simultaneous voice and date on iPhone 5?

This doesn't seem right. If I'm taking a call on my new iPhone 5, I'm unable to do anything requiring a connection to the internet. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I am having this same issue (among others) and tech opened a case for me On 12/20. I still don't have a response. Have you received a response?  

Tutor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Did any of you guys get a response to this issue? I have been having the same issue here in the Detroit area with no improvement. I've visited multipe at&t stores, received multiple new SIM's and a new phone. Seems to be an ongoing issue for many...suprirsed we haven't heard more about it.

Thanks!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

This was never resolved for me. The supervisor I ended up talking to basically apologized that AT&T couldn't come up with a solution and suggested I go to another network if I needed that feature that bad. I switched to Verizon after that conversation. If it wasn't going to work on AT&T, I would rather have a different phone (went with a Droid DNA that I like better than the iPhone 5 anyway) on Verizon that worked and have better service and customer service. Was a shame, but I felt like no one was really interested in fixing the issue. I bet the problem happens more often than people realize, but they don't notice it and therefore, don't report the problem. I am hoping someone at AT&T figures it out eventually. 

Master

• 

4.2K Messages

11 years ago

@Jason1975 wrote:

This was never resolved for me. The supervisor I ended up talking to basically apologized that AT&T couldn't come up with a solution and suggested I go to another network if I needed that feature that bad. I switched to Verizon after that conversation. If it wasn't going to work on AT&T, I would rather have a different phone (went with a Droid DNA that I like better than the iPhone 5 anyway) on Verizon that worked and have better service and customer service. Was a shame, but I felt like no one was really interested in fixing the issue. I bet the problem happens more often than people realize, but they don't notice it and therefore, don't report the problem. I am hoping someone at AT&T figures it out eventually. 

Maybe i am not understanding something here but you switched to a CDMA service that definitely can not do voice and data at the same time because sometimes yours would not switch on how is this an upgrade?

Professor

• 

2K Messages

11 years ago

I'm thinking the same thing. I don't see how guaranteed, built-in inferior capabilities AND an inferior phone are better over a temporary issue that can at some point be resolved. Different strokes, I guess.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

11 years ago

@oz_1 wrote:

Maybe i am not understanding something here but you switched to a CDMA service that definitely can not do voice and data at the same time because sometimes yours would not switch on how is this an upgrade?

Keep in mind that Verizon also has LTE and even though their iphone 5 does not support simultaneous voice and data on LTE, other LTE devices do. OP said he swithed to a Droid DNA, which I believe does do simultaneous voice and data on LTE.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

That is correct, I switched to a Droid DNA that can do both voice and data, just like the iPhone 5 sometimes does on AT&T. I was a huge iPhone person before getting the DNA. I like the phone just as much as the iPhone 5 and Verizon's customer service is definitely much better. 

Master

• 

4.2K Messages

11 years ago

I was not aware that Verizon had rolled out both voice and data at the same time thought that was still yet to come sometime this year.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

I know that Verizon has several Droid phones that do both data and voice over their LTE network available right now. The iPhone won't do it on Verizon, but the Droid phones do. 

Scholar

• 

397 Messages

11 years ago

@SLIKRICK wrote:
I'm thinking the same thing. I don't see how guaranteed, built-in inferior capabilities AND an inferior phone are better over a temporary issue that can at some point be resolved. Different strokes, I guess.

It would appear that your iPhone and AT&T fanaticism are evident in your post--comments like "guaranteed, built-in inferior capabilities" and "inferior phone" clearly bear that out; don't we tell folks who complain about not being satisfied with their iPhone and/or AT&T service, that they can simply go with the competition and see if it works out for them?  After all, no one carrier and/or phone can be absolutely suitable for everybody...but it would seem that as far as you're concerned, anyone who elects to go with a phone/service combo other than an iPhone on AT&T's network doesn't know what he's doing and/or getting into...

One could argue the fact that since currently it is not possible to do simultaneous voice and data over LTE with an iPhone on AT&T's network...wouldn't that make it an "inferior" capability and/or phone--especially since there are other phones that apparently CAN DO simultaneous voice and data over LTE--at least on VZW's network?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.