Explore & discover

Helpful Links

No Service signal in Europe with ATT&T prepaid card, how to unlock it?

Highlighted
Contributor

No Service signal in Europe with ATT&T prepaid card, how to unlock it?

Hello, 

I have a german I phone 6s and a US prepaid card, and the phone cannot connect to any service. Do I have to unlock my phone number or anything? Or is there another option on how to get service in Germany with an US prepaid card? 

I need my phone for work, and I will stay 4 weeks, which means that it is really important for me to have a phone with service signal. 

Thank you in advance. 

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Sage (ACE - Sage)
Accepted by lizdance40
‎12-18-2018 5:27 AM

Re: No Service signal in Europe with ATT&T prepaid card, how to unlock it?

Sorry, prepaid does not roam internationally except Canada and Mexico. Prepaid service won’t work in Germany, there are no work arounds. Your only option for service is a local SIM card provided the phone is unlocked.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: No Service signal in Europe with ATT&T prepaid card, how to unlock it?

Thank you for the fast answer!

There is no option in unlocking the phone number? I have heard that this should enable to get service or is this only an option for contract phone numbers?

Yes my phone is unlocked, but apparently I need my american phone number for working stuff. 

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support