The new iPhone 15
ttrombley's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, August 23rd, 2013 10:18 AM

No Service, Old Iphone, How do I get a Text Message to another device?

So I upgraded my Iphone and can sell my old one, however I have an issue.  I have a very important Text message on my old Iphone 4 that I cannot get rid of and am wondering how do I get it to my new Iphone?  I have no service on it, since I put my service on my new Iphone, but I have WiFi.  AT&T says they cannot send me a copy of that text, and there is no otpion to email the text either.  Don't know where to go from here.

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

4.2K Messages

11 years ago

When you back up your phone in iTunes everything should be there also if you have a late model Mac or iPad then it should have a copy of your texts in Messages as long as it was iMessage.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

4.2K Messages

11 years ago

Under devices in iTunes make sure you check off all you want sync'd in each category it will not default to all.

Scholar

• 

338 Messages

11 years ago

Take a screen shot of the text and email it to yourself using the wifi.

There might be a way to do it using iMessage also.

Take a photo if the message using the new phones camera.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

11 years ago

Didn't you backup the old phone and restore it to the new phone? If so, that should have restored all texts on your new phone. Another option is a program called "IPhone Backup Extractor". You can use that to retrieve the text from a backup. That program is run on a pc. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you all very much.  I backed it up in Itunes and put it on the new phone.  I just got one other question.  I had ringtones purchased on the old phone that I could not access when I got my new phone, so I baught them again,  When I restored my old phone onto the new one I lost my new ring tones and it didn't put the ring tones from the old phone on my new one.  Is there a way to get the ringtones back from Itunes?  Or do I have to rebuy them.

Thank You

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

ok Thanks

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

1. Enable iCloud backup on your old iPhone. Tap "Settings," and "iCloud," followed by "Storage & Backup." Tap the slider next to iCloud Backup to the "On" position to enable iCloud backup. Tap "OK" on the pop-up window informing you that your iPhone will use iCloud and not iTunes for backups.
2. Tap "Back Up Now" and wait for your old iPhone to back up to iCloud.
3. Turn off your old iPhone after the back up to iCloud is complete.
4. Turn on your new iPhone and follow the activation steps. Ensure you have access to a Wi-Fi connection, which is required for activating your new phone.
5. Select "Restore from iCloud Backup" during the Setup Assistant procedure on your new iPhone.
6. Enter any passwords for accounts if you are prompted during setup to do so.
7. Tap "Settings," "iCloud" and then "Storage & Backup" to check the progress of the restore from your old iPhone backup on iCloud.
8. Tap the "Messages" icon on the home screen after the backup is restored and your old iPhone text message history should be restored on your new iPhone.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.