For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
Jdese001's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, September 26th, 2015 3:47 AM

Next upgrade phone return information

I just received my iPhone 6s, At&t wants me to ship my old iPhone 6 to them, I early upgraded in the next program, do o just send the iPhone or do I include original box and original accessories, and if I just send the iPhone by itself they should supply more packaging the iPhone just slides around in the huge box they sent

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

9 years ago

The only equipment you have to return is the phone.  The activation lock must be disabled (for example, Find My iPhone).  You should also remove your SIM.

Adding some additional packing material, such as crumpled newspaper, would be a very good idea.  You want to insure that the screen is not damaged in transit. Some bubble wrap on the screen would add an extra layer of protection.

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

9 years ago

I would pack it very carefully. If it gets any damage in shipping, it will be refused and you will have to pay the rest of the cost for the phone.

I don't know about what all you need to send back. I would think that there should be some instructions somewhere.

• 

25.7K Messages

9 years ago

To add I would personally make sure you have a tracking number even if you need to pay extra for that. I have seen a number of folks on these forums report that AT&T can not find a phone sent back in for whatever reason. With a tracking number you have proof it was either received by AT&T or have some recourse with the shipping company if the phone is lost, etc.

Just my $0.02 worth of advice...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.