Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 24, 2013
4:29:13 PM
View profile
New phone shows 4 days usage?
I just got an iPhone 4S and I watched them take it out of a sealed box. While playing around I went into usage and under call time it shows "4 days 17 hours"!

Anyone have any idea what's up with that? Did I get an used phone?
I just got an iPhone 4S and I watched them take it out of a sealed box. While playing around I went into usage and under call time it shows "4 days 17 hours"!

Accepted Solution

New phone shows 4 days usage?

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 24, 2013 5:30:01 PM
(0)
Expert

gphipps wrote:

where did you buy it from?

gphipps wrote:

where did you buy it from?

Re: New phone shows 4 days usage?

2 of 8 (2,232 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 24, 2013 5:42:14 PM
(0)
Former Employee

Might have been factory testing.

Might have been factory testing.

3 of 8 (2,227 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 24, 2013 6:21:03 PM
(0)
Scholar
I got it at Wal Mart.

4 days factory testing?!?
I got it at Wal Mart.

4 days factory testing?!?

4 of 8 (2,216 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jun 24, 2013 7:21:13 PM
(0)
Scholar
I chatted with Apple. They said it was from restoring from the backup of my old iPhone. Apple showed the phone as first being activated today.
I chatted with Apple. They said it was from restoring from the backup of my old iPhone. Apple showed the phone as first being activated today.

5 of 8 (2,198 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 2, 2013 10:00:27 AM
(0)
Community Manager

That's a very helpful info, thank you for sharing!

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

That's a very helpful info, thank you for sharing!

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 8 (1,976 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 2, 2013 4:28:24 PM
(0)
Scholar
I ended up restoring the phone and setting it up as a new phone and it then showed 0 hours of usage so restoring from a backup was definitely the issue.
I ended up restoring the phone and setting it up as a new phone and it then showed 0 hours of usage so restoring from a backup was definitely the issue.

7 of 8 (1,959 Views)
Solution
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 13, 2013 2:42:29 AM
(0)
Expert

Interesting, and good to know!  Thanks for sharing!

gphipps wrote:

Interesting, and good to know!  Thanks for sharing!

gphipps wrote:

8 of 8 (1,778 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments