The new iPhone 15
mbell75's profile

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

Saturday, September 22nd, 2012 4:34 AM

New iPhone has killed LTE network

The iPhone has totally screwed AT&Ts LTE! It would usually take a few seconds to download an app under 5MB. It literally took me 48 seconds to download a 3.4MB app earlier tonight. I uninstalled it, got on my wifi and it downloaded in a second. Not only that but my Speedtest results show it too. I would average between 5-7Mbps down and around 2-3 up. Been running different tests most the day and I am lucky to hit 3Mbps down and 1 up. Most are around 2 down and under 1 up. What will be done about this? I am not paying $120 a month for this. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

12 years ago

I have to apologoze. Apparently there was a system update for the Galaxy S3 pushed by AT&T a few days ago that I was unaware of. It featured new radio firmware and a VPN update. I downloaded and installed it last night and my LTE speeds are back to normal. Guess we can close this thread. 

Expert

• 

13K Messages

12 years ago

unfortunately there is nothing than can be done, with all the new iPhones out there and everyone playing with them it will take awhile for the usage to go back down and even out again

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

12 years ago

All I know is I am not paying $120 a month to have what amounts to 3G speeds on my LTE just because the new iPhone came out. I will head to Verizon. 

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

12 years ago

@mbell75 wrote:

All I know is I am not paying $120 a month to have what amounts to 3G speeds on my LTE just because the new iPhone came out. I will head to Verizon. 

They will have the same spike in usage!

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

12 years ago

Bye!!!! lol
You don't think Verizon would have the same issues right now? Call up at&t and complain, go higher up then tier 1 or tier 2 CSR. You will get reimbursements.

Expert

• 

13K Messages

12 years ago

You may get credit if you go high enough, but that is not a resolution to the spike in usage.

Professor

• 

3.4K Messages

12 years ago

48 seconds lol. Are you kidding me! Better than 48 minutes.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

12 years ago

Same spike in usage? Really? The first pic with the white SIII is from today in the Verizon store on LTE. The screenshot is from my SIII on AT&Ts LTE. Same server in LA even. This is even worse than 3G speeds, pathetic. I will give AT&T a few days to fix this or I am gone to Verizon. Completely unacceptable 

verizon.jpg

att.png

2 Attachments

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

12 years ago

I'm still getting 25 down / 7 up.  It all depends on the area.

Teacher

• 

31 Messages

12 years ago

Apologize. Egg on ones face is always nice, especially if sunny side up.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.