The new iPhone 15
bnaveenkumar88's profile

Coach

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, January 12th, 2016 10:19 PM

Need contacts of AT&T top management - Why my online orders are getting cancelled

I have been trying to order an iPhone online at AT&T website since saturday(Jan 9th). I made 2 orders on saturday.

[edited for privacy – please do not post personal information] . The first one was cancelled by (Maryann) a representative without my confirmation

Second one was cancelled and the support didnt know why. ANd suggested me to reorder again & verify my Identity at an AT&T  store. [edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]

I verified myself on Jan 11th at AT&T  store. Barbara J , the store representative verified 2 of my IDs and added a note to the order.

But still my order was cancelled.

More agonising thing is, all my credit on my credit card is now held up at AT&T. They are not ready to release the authorization on the charge and hence Citi bank is not able to release the charges. Now I dont have any money left on my card to make any kind of purchases.

The customer support has been horrible. I have tried chat support, call, and facebook. None are useful and they can do nothing about my orders.

If you are planning to take AT&T , please avoid it. T-mobile has got better customer support. I bought this CITI AT&T access more card and hence I am stuck with AT&T . I regret getting this card now.

Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

8 years ago

The authorizations (holds) will fall off in 7-10 days.

AT&T phone customer service should be able to tell you why an order is canceled.  My guess is either a problem with an address match or form of payment, perhaps a false fraud detection.  If the latter, you should contact Citi and ask them to explain any purchase declines on your account.

Once you resolve any issues, place your order and then call CS to review the processing and acceptance of your order.  Avoid chat and any social media support options.

Coach

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

To clarify, there was no decline on the bank side. Your customer support is totally useless. They made me order thrice. And every time your customer support asked me to reorder. If they know the reason for declining , why did they ask me to re-order. 

If I have to avoid chat & social support options, why do you even have them. Is it a marketing gimic?

Your support team is incapable of giving any solution. That's the truth

Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

8 years ago

@bnaveenkumar88 wrote:

Your support team is incapable of giving any solution.

I'm a user, not an employee.  Your tone suggests that any issue may not fully lie with AT&T.

From experience, I can tell you that your orders are most likely being canceled because of an order entry error.  Address match, card validation, something.  You are free to believe otherwise.

Coach

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

You have to be in my shoes to understand what I went through. I just get shifted to different agents and no one is able to give a solution. It has been 5 days my issue is still resolved. 

When my credit card company can verify my details, I wonder what could be the issue with AT&T. I had been to an AT&T store to verify myself still they cancelled. The first cancellation was not done by system but by the customer support without my acknowledgement.

I dont know if you work for AT&T or not. You seem to be a loyal fan. Just because you got a good service doesnt mean everyone gets the same

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.