Explore & discover

Helpful Links

My iPhone stolen , how can I find it?

Contributor

My iPhone stolen , how can I find it?

My iPhone 4G LTE w/VVM has been stolen,  1. can a temporary hold be placed on the phone?   2. can some type of tracking be placed to locate this phone? 3. no insurance on the phone!  4. Can someone help me be walking thru the process?

Thank you for your patience and assistance!

Message 1 of 4
Master

Re: My iPhone stolen , how can I find it?

You can contact AT&T and have the phone blacklisted so that it is no longer usable by the person who stole it, or anyone they might sell it to.  As far as finding it, have you tried Find My IPhone?  If that doesn’t work, or you can’t access it, then it’s likely unfindable.  Regarding insurance, if you don’t have it, you’ll have to buy a new phone, and you’re still on the hook for any remaining payments on the stolen phone.

Message 2 of 4
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by ahahc66
‎10-28-2018 9:03 PM

You can suspend service and report the phone lost online through your online account or by calling. As noted above, the only way to find it is through “find my iPhone”, hopefully you had that enabled.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 4
Contributor

Thanks, Got it!
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you Missing Your BOGO Credits? If so, QuarryRye can you help figure out what happened and what to do about it!

Additional Support