For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
jk39's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Saturday, June 14th, 2014 9:14 PM

My Apple charger plug will not fit in my IPad Air plug slot?

Hi,

Hi,

I have a new IPad Air with the battery at 66% and wanted to recharge it so I tried to fit in my Apple charger wih the plug(Usb connection) into the small IPad charger slot but the plug would not fit in at all and don't know why?

The charger Usb cord plug connects just fine into my SamSung Galaxy S4 but don't know why it wouldn't connect into my IPad?

Does the IPad have a special connection or could it be that my IPad has a bad or defected charger slot?

If someone can please help me?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

10 years ago

@jk39 wrote:

Hi,

Hi,

I have a new IPad Air with the battery at 66% and wanted to recharge it so I tried to fit in my Apple charger wih the plug(Usb connection) into the small IPad charger slot but the plug would not fit in at all and don't know why?

The charger Usb cord plug connects just fine into my SamSung Galaxy S4 but don't know why it wouldn't connect into my IPad?

Does the IPad have a special connection or could it be that my IPad has a bad or defected charger slot?

Your iPad does not have a USB connector. All Apple products have a "special" connection for charging. For the iPad Air, it is called the lightning connector. You should have received a lightning cable with your iPad. If that is the same cable that you are using with the S4, you may have damaged it. 

Master

• 

4.2K Messages

10 years ago

Apple only had two plugs a 30 pin that fit iPad 1,2,3 the iPad 4 and Air use a lighting connector and have a higher watt value for faster charging.

Scholar

• 

397 Messages

10 years ago

@jk39 wrote:

Hi,

Hi,

Did your "new" iPad Air not come with an Apple charging cable?  I thought all new iPads included a charging cable--in the case of your iPad Air it would be a Lightning-to-USB cable.

Guru

• 

450 Messages

10 years ago

Hi jk39,

It sounds as though the USB port on your Apple charger may be damaged. All Apple products have a one year warranty on them and you can visit a local Apple store and they will replace it for you on the spot. 

Hope this helps!

Master

• 

4.2K Messages

10 years ago

These are the only connections to an iPad neither are called USB the other end of these cables have a USB connection the smaller of the two is a lightning cable and it came with the iPad Air along with an updated charger these will not plug into any other equipment till the patent runs out so only Apple products will have them and the 30pin is being replaced by the Lightning.

Spoiler

Scholar

• 

397 Messages

10 years ago

@logo412 wrote:

Hi jk39,

It sounds as though the USB port on your Apple charger may be damaged. All Apple products have a one year warranty on them and you can visit a local Apple store and they will replace it for you on the spot. 

Hope this helps!

Not sure how a damaged USB port on an Apple charger would have anything to do with OP trying to insert the plug into an iPad.  It sounds like OP is using a charger cable not meant to be used on an iPad--but can be used to charge a Samsung Galaxy S4--to charge it...in which case it makes clear sense as to why OP is having the issue described.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.