My AT&T app badge count never goes away

Mentor

My AT&T app badge count never goes away

I have the the My AT&T iOS app installed and have it set to notify me when I get a new bill. That worked fine until the 3.0.2 update. I got my first notification since that update and the app's badge count is now stuck. It doesn't matter how many times I look at my bill it still says 1.

Also navigating the new app is a major pain, but the badge issue is worse.

There doesn't appear to be any way to report bugs in the app, so I'm posting here.
Message 1 of 29 (6,738 Views)
Community Manager

Re: My AT&T app badge count never goes away

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone, the myAT&T app update has just been released and is available from the App Store! It is version 3.0.3 and the Notification Badge issue was fixed, as well as some other iOS7 computability updates.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 16 of 29 (4,316 Views)
Contributor

I'm not sure that it is fixed... I just updated the app, opened and closed it a few times, including actually killing the app and restarting the phone. It still shows one badge icon while in the app it clearly tells me there are no notifications. Still quite frustrating...

Message 17 of 29 (4,299 Views)
Community Manager
Solution
Accepted by topic author Morac
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Try clicking on Billing and Payments in app, that's what I had to do on mine and it went away. If that doesn't work, try power cycling your phone.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 18 of 29 (4,269 Views)
Contributor

Thanks. That worked! 

Message 19 of 29 (4,252 Views)

Even after this update, there's still a big problem. The notifications for billing keep turning themselves off. I open the app, turn the billing notifications on, & exit the app. When I go to reopen it, the notifications are off again. I had this problem with older versions of the app too. I believe it was after the iOS 6 update.

Can we get a fix for this? It's getting pretty annoying. I use this app primarily for the bill notifications & bill payment. Kinda pointless using this if it can only do 1/2 if what it should. Thanks!

iPhone 4 running iOS 7.
Message 20 of 29 (4,251 Views)
Contributor

Re: My AT

It worked for me, too! Thanks.
Message 21 of 29 (4,247 Views)
Community Manager

[ Edited ]

Oeribo2763 wrote:
Even after this update, there's still a big problem. The notifications for billing keep turning themselves off. I open the app, turn the billing notifications on, & exit the app. When I go to reopen it, the notifications are off again. I had this problem with older versions of the app too. I believe it was after the iOS 6 update.

Can we get a fix for this? It's getting pretty annoying. I use this app primarily for the bill notifications & bill payment. Kinda pointless using this if it can only do 1/2 if what it should. Thanks!

iPhone 4 running iOS 7.

Hello Oeribo2763, thank you for pointing it out, I just tested it on my iPhone and I see the same thing, the option is turning itself off when the app restarts. You said it was an issue for a while now, I will definitely pass it off to the right channel. So, you don't receive any notifications at all? I've always received notifications on my iPhone. Do you have myAT&T app notifications turned on in Notification Center on your phone?

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Employee Contributor*
Message 22 of 29 (4,240 Views)

Hi Dmitriy,

Wow! Thanks for the quick response! That is correct, I don't receive any notifications. I used to, but the notifications for MyATT have always been finicky, but they always manage to end up working. I have the notifications on in the NC, but I don't receive them unless the notification option within the MyATT app is on. It's not a HUGE problem, but I just like getting my notification, so I can pay my bill in a timely manner. Any help I can get on this would be great. Thanks!
Message 23 of 29 (4,223 Views)
Community Manager

I will definitely make our developers aware of this issue right away. Thanks again for bringing it up to my attention!

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Employee Contributor*
Message 24 of 29 (4,133 Views)
Contributor

Hello,

My first time posting. Like the others, I'm having the same problem with the "forever" badge.

My iPhone is 3Gs, I downloaded the update to make the badge go away. I also did the suggested power reset. That didn't work. 

Are there any more suggestions?

Thanks,

scooman

Message 25 of 29 (3,967 Views)
Contributor

I just got a new badge. I logged in, scrolled down to "billings and payments" tapped it, then closed the app and the badge was gone. It has worked twice now. Hope it works for you.
Message 26 of 29 (3,961 Views)
Contributor

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, the fix didn't work for me.

scooman

Message 27 of 29 (3,960 Views)
Contributor

I ended shutting of the badge notification. That's a relief. Now I just have to be on my toes regarding my next bill! Smiley Happy
Message 28 of 29 (3,959 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

I've been having the same issue as Oeribo2763 for a LONG time. I now have an iPhone 5s, but also had it with my iPhone 4S, with ALL ios updates. It used to work, but hasn't in at least 6 months. Please fix this! 🙏
Message 29 of 29 (3,262 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.