The new iPhone 15
Morac's profile

Mentor

• 

110 Messages

Sunday, September 8th, 2013 3:23 PM

Closed

My AT&T app badge count never goes away

I have the the My AT&T iOS app installed and have it set to notify me when I get a new bill. That worked fine until the 3.0.2 update. I got my first notification since that update and the app's badge count is now stuck. It doesn't matter how many times I look at my bill it still says 1.

Also navigating the new app is a major pain, but the badge issue is worse.

There doesn't appear to be any way to report bugs in the app, so I'm posting here.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

11 years ago

@Oeribo2763 wrote:
Even after this update, there's still a big problem. The notifications for billing keep turning themselves off. I open the app, turn the billing notifications on, & exit the app. When I go to reopen it, the notifications are off again. I had this problem with older versions of the app too. I believe it was after the iOS 6 update.

Can we get a fix for this? It's getting pretty annoying. I use this app primarily for the bill notifications & bill payment. Kinda pointless using this if it can only do 1/2 if what it should. Thanks!

iPhone 4 running iOS 7.

Hello Oeribo2763, thank you for pointing it out, I just tested it on my iPhone and I see the same thing, the option is turning itself off when the app restarts. You said it was an issue for a while now, I will definitely pass it off to the right channel. So, you don't receive any notifications at all? I've always received notifications on my iPhone. Do you have myAT&T app notifications turned on in Notification Center on your phone?

Dmitriy

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Hi Dmitriy,

Wow! Thanks for the quick response! That is correct, I don't receive any notifications. I used to, but the notifications for MyATT have always been finicky, but they always manage to end up working. I have the notifications on in the NC, but I don't receive them unless the notification option within the MyATT app is on. It's not a HUGE problem, but I just like getting my notification, so I can pay my bill in a timely manner. Any help I can get on this would be great. Thanks!

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

11 years ago

I will definitely make our developers aware of this issue right away. Thanks again for bringing it up to my attention!

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Hello,

My first time posting. Like the others, I'm having the same problem with the "forever" badge.

My iPhone is 3Gs, I downloaded the update to make the badge go away. I also did the suggested power reset. That didn't work. 

Are there any more suggestions?

Thanks,

scooman

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I just got a new badge. I logged in, scrolled down to "billings and payments" tapped it, then closed the app and the badge was gone. It has worked twice now. Hope it works for you.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, the fix didn't work for me.

scooman

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I ended shutting of the badge notification. That's a relief. Now I just have to be on my toes regarding my next bill! 🙂

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I've been having the same issue as Oeribo2763 for a LONG time. I now have an iPhone 5s, but also had it with my iPhone 4S, with ALL ios updates. It used to work, but hasn't in at least 6 months. Please fix this! 🙏

8 Messages

5 months ago

Same problem here.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

5 months ago

10yo thread.  Closed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.