Ask a question

Posted Sep 8, 2013
    8:23:28 AM
    View profile
    My AT&T app badge count never goes away
    I have the the My AT&T iOS app installed and have it set to notify me when I get a new bill. That worked fine until the 3.0.2 update. I got my first notification since that update and the app's badge count is now stuck. It doesn't matter how many times I look at my bill it still says 1.

Also navigating the new app is a major pain, but the badge issue is worse.

There doesn't appear to be any way to report bugs in the app, so I'm posting here.
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Solved
    Oct 9, 2013 11:21:02 AM
    (0)
    Community Manager

Try clicking on Billing and Payments in app, that's what I had to do on mine and it went away. If that doesn't work, try power cycling your phone.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
    *I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
    Accepted Solution

My AT&T app badge count never goes away

28 replies
    (5) Me too
    (5) Me too
    View all replies
    (28)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 8, 2013 10:35:15 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Master
    *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: My AT&T app badge count never goes away

2 of 29 (5,873 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 8, 2013 10:40:47 AM
    (0)
    Mentor

That link is of you have a problem with an app purchase, not if you want to report a problem with the app itself.

The support button is for that, but that just takes me to the att.com web site main page.

3 of 29 (5,866 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 8, 2013 3:25:30 PM
    (0)
    Expert
    Edited by wingrider01 on Sep 8, 2013 at 3:28:23 PM

Morac wrote:

That link is of you have a problem with an app purchase, not if you want to report a problem with the app itself.

The support button is for that, but that just takes me to the att.com web site main page.

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community Support is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST within 2 to 3 business days.

Have you tried uninstalling it from the phone and loading a fresh copy?

[ Edited ]
    4 of 29 (5,825 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 10, 2013 7:48:29 AM
    (0)
    Community Manager

Hello Morac, thank you for your post.

I'm sorry for the issue you're experiencing with MyAT&T app. Reporting it here was definitely the right thing to do. AT&T is aware of the issue and the fix is already in the works. It will be included in the next app update that will be available from iTunes App Store in coming weeks.

Thanks again,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
    *I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 29 (5,713 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 12, 2013 5:11:49 AM
    (0)
    Contributor
    I downloaded the iPhone app for AT&T Mobility, & a red #1 indicating I need to do some action is there ... & despite paying my bill etc, I cannot get that to go away... Any thoughts?

iPhone Mobility App - "alert" wont go away...

6 of 29 (5,614 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 12, 2013 7:14:56 AM
    (0)
    Community Manager

Hello Dlcasey22,

Yes, AT&T is aware of this issue and the fix is going to be included with the next app update. I apologize for any inconvenience and confusion this issue may have caused.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Re: iPhone Mobility App - "alert" wont go away...

7 of 29 (5,591 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 16, 2013 1:47:24 PM
    (0)
    Contributor
    On my AT&T app there is a red circle with a #1 on my app and I don't know what this means and font know how to get rid of it. Please help anyone if you know. Thanks Len

My AT&T app

8 of 29 (5,415 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 17, 2013 6:56:02 AM
    (0)
    Contributor

Several weeks ago, when the notification was displayed that my AT&T bill was available for viewing.  I cleared the alert in the notification center and then accessed myAT&T app on my phone.

There was no alerts displayed and no place that I could find to clear the notification (push) badge.

The only way I could clear the badge was to access the Notification section of settings, and select NO for "show app badges".

I was hoping that the recent update would have cleared this, but it did not.  In addition, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app.  Uninstalled the app, removed its backup from the CLOUD and reinstalled it.  All to no avail.

Am hoping that when the next billing notification is received that it will clear this one too.

myAT&T App Still Showing Badge

9 of 29 (5,353 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 17, 2013 7:34:29 AM
    (0)
    Community Manager

Hello everyone,

Yeah, mine is doing that tooSmiley Happy As I was saying earlier in this thread, the fix will be included in the next app update. Should be soon, especially with iOS 7 coming out.

Thank you all for your patiance!

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Re: myAT&T App Still Showing Badge

10 of 29 (5,341 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 24, 2013 9:18:15 PM
    (0)
    Mentor

OK, another week has passed, iOS7 is out, and my myAT&T app is still showing an extraneous badge.

11 of 29 (4,555 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 27, 2013 10:08:49 AM
    (0)
    Contributor

This has been going on for over a month and it's really annoying.  It's also disconcerting to me that there is NO way to send feedback on the App itself.  I even tried to find an e-mail address to send screenshots, and it seems that no one at AT&T Wireless has an e-mail address.

This problem proceeds my upgrade to iOS7, and I was really hoping that when I upgraded it would go away - no dice.

What's weird is that I do not have this problem on my iPad.

12 of 29 (4,337 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 4, 2013 8:31:58 AM
    (0)
    Contributor

October 4, still an issue...

13 of 29 (3,879 Views)
    Highlighted
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 4, 2013 10:50:16 AM
    (0)
    Community Manager

Hello guys, it will be resolved in the next app update. Thank you for all the reports, your feedback is extremely helpful! 

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

14 of 29 (3,872 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 9, 2013 8:47:41 AM
    (0)
    Contributor

I seem to be having the same problem as everyone else. Any word on when the next update will be ready?

15 of 29 (3,548 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 9, 2013 9:32:15 AM
    (0)
    Community Manager
    Edited by ATTDmitriyCM on Oct 9, 2013 at 9:34:42 AM

Hello everyone, the myAT&T app update has just been released and is available from the App Store! It is version 3.0.3 and the Notification Badge issue was fixed, as well as some other iOS7 computability updates.

myAtt.JPG

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

[ Edited ]
    16 of 29 (3,535 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 9, 2013 10:25:12 AM
    (0)
    Contributor

I'm not sure that it is fixed... I just updated the app, opened and closed it a few times, including actually killing the app and restarting the phone. It still shows one badge icon while in the app it clearly tells me there are no notifications. Still quite frustrating...

17 of 29 (3,518 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Solved
    Oct 9, 2013 11:21:02 AM
    (0)
    Community Manager

Try clicking on Billing and Payments in app, that's what I had to do on mine and it went away. If that doesn't work, try power cycling your phone.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

18 of 29 (3,488 Views)
    Solution
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 9, 2013 11:45:05 AM
    (0)
    Contributor

Thanks. That worked! 

19 of 29 (3,471 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 9, 2013 11:52:44 AM
    (0)
    Tutor
    Even after this update, there's still a big problem. The notifications for billing keep turning themselves off. I open the app, turn the billing notifications on, & exit the app. When I go to reopen it, the notifications are off again. I had this problem with older versions of the app too. I believe it was after the iOS 6 update.

Can we get a fix for this? It's getting pretty annoying. I use this app primarily for the bill notifications & bill payment. Kinda pointless using this if it can only do 1/2 if what it should. Thanks!

iPhone 4 running iOS 7.

20 of 29 (3,470 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 9, 2013 12:11:10 PM
    (0)
    Contributor
    It worked for me, too! Thanks.

Re: My AT

21 of 29 (3,466 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 9, 2013 12:37:27 PM
    (0)
    Community Manager
    Edited by ATTDmitriyCM on Oct 10, 2013 at 12:19:42 PM

Oeribo2763 wrote:
    Even after this update, there's still a big problem. The notifications for billing keep turning themselves off. I open the app, turn the billing notifications on, & exit the app. When I go to reopen it, the notifications are off again. I had this problem with older versions of the app too. I believe it was after the iOS 6 update.

Can we get a fix for this? It's getting pretty annoying. I use this app primarily for the bill notifications & bill payment. Kinda pointless using this if it can only do 1/2 if what it should. Thanks!

iPhone 4 running iOS 7.

Hello Oeribo2763, thank you for pointing it out, I just tested it on my iPhone and I see the same thing, the option is turning itself off when the app restarts. You said it was an issue for a while now, I will definitely pass it off to the right channel. So, you don't receive any notifications at all? I've always received notifications on my iPhone. Do you have myAT&T app notifications turned on in Notification Center on your phone?

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

[ Edited ]
    22 of 29 (3,459 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 9, 2013 1:28:49 PM
    (0)
    Tutor
    Hi Dmitriy,

Wow! Thanks for the quick response! That is correct, I don't receive any notifications. I used to, but the notifications for MyATT have always been finicky, but they always manage to end up working. I have the notifications on in the NC, but I don't receive them unless the notification option within the MyATT app is on. It's not a HUGE problem, but I just like getting my notification, so I can pay my bill in a timely manner. Any help I can get on this would be great. Thanks!

23 of 29 (3,442 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 10, 2013 6:10:12 AM
    (0)
    Community Manager

I will definitely make our developers aware of this issue right away. Thanks again for bringing it up to my attention!

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

24 of 29 (3,352 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 12, 2013 10:35:15 AM
    (0)
    Contributor

Hello,

My first time posting. Like the others, I'm having the same problem with the "forever" badge.

My iPhone is 3Gs, I downloaded the update to make the badge go away. I also did the suggested power reset. That didn't work. 

Are there any more suggestions?

Thanks,

scooman

25 of 29 (3,186 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 12, 2013 10:54:10 AM
    (0)
    Contributor
    I just got a new badge. I logged in, scrolled down to "billings and payments" tapped it, then closed the app and the badge was gone. It has worked twice now. Hope it works for you.

26 of 29 (3,180 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 12, 2013 11:01:45 AM
    (0)
    Contributor

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, the fix didn't work for me.

scooman

27 of 29 (3,179 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 12, 2013 11:06:06 AM
    (0)
    Contributor
    I ended shutting of the badge notification. That's a relief. Now I just have to be on my toes regarding my next bill! Smiley Happy

28 of 29 (3,178 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Nov 2, 2013 7:32:54 AM
    (0)
    Contributor
    I've been having the same issue as Oeribo2763 for a LONG time. I now have an iPhone 5s, but also had it with my iPhone 4S, with ALL ios updates. It used to work, but hasn't in at least 6 months. Please fix this! 🙏

29 of 29 (2,481 Views)