For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
Sarahwillia's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Friday, August 18th, 2017 5:37 PM

Lost iPhone

I lost my phone on Sunday , I did not properly back up my photos to my iCloud and apple can not retrieve . Lost pictures of my son from 2012 to now , is there any possible way att can track the last source of a cellular cignal ?????? *

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

No.  Have you tried "find my iPhone"? 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Correct Yes that was my first solution , hence the question . " find iPhone" does not work if the battery is dead or if the phone is off line . Hence my phones battery is dead or is off line . The question being can att trace the signal of a cellphones last known location ?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

Not if it's battery is dead and location is general, won't help if you know it's in your home.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

And the answer to that question is no. Even if they did have a record of the phone's last location somewhere in all the data they regularly collect, it is not something easily found. It would take someone with access to that data and special skills to find it and that is just not something they do or at last I've never heard of them doing. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Bollocks . Well that's what I had presumed but I had to ask none the less . Thank you .

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you , I don't believe it's in my home , last known location was in my vehicle . We believe it to have been taken . But the store in front does not have cameras and the local police simply do not care " it's a cellphone " , so I thought I would ask since " find iPhone " not working because phone is offline .

Mentor

• 

34 Messages

7 years ago

At the very least put an Activation Lock on the phone to prevent someone from using it...

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201365

I would also report the loss to the local police where you think you lost the phone...

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

The device has been locked , phone disabled . Police notified . Just a matter of " hoping " some other way of tracking it . But that is none . Thank you anyways .

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Have you tried accessing your account on i-tunes on a computer for another possible backup of your photos?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Also, if you call ATT, they can probably tell you of latest/last location activity on it.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.