For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
Pedro03's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, November 25th, 2017 4:27 PM

Looks like the IMEI number you entered doesn’t match an AT&T device.

I bought an iPhone 6 as an at&t device but when I try to unlock it using your services it shows this message to me: 

Looks like the IMEI number you entered doesn’t match an AT&T device. Try entering it again. Dial *#06# on your mobile phone to make sure you have the right IMEI

I'm pretty sure that this device was sold by at&t, can you please help me to unlock it?

Imei device is: ***

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

where did you buy from ? AT&T store? 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

@ATTMobilityCare I really need your help

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

If you bought a new iPhone 6, it was sold as a prepaid phone.  Did it have the little package warning you it must be used on ATT prepiad for 6 months?

B5C60EA7-E5E9-43CC-878F-94713AB39F59.jpeg

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

error Looks like the IMEI number you entered doesn’t match an AT&T device. Try entering it again. Dial *#06# on your mobile phone to make sure you have the right IMEI.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

If you only payed 199 for the phone then that's why it can't be unlocked

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

ATT Device unlock site is rigged. ATT did it intentionally. They do not want customers to unlcok the devices. The Device unlock site is merely there to show government that they provide the service of unlocking devices.

To prove my point i entered an ATT device that was already unlocked. Same error : "Looks like the IMEI number you entered doesn’t match an AT&T device." . Previously i was able to enter the IMEI and it would say that this device has already been unlocked. 

Again, i took another prepaid phone that i bought over thanks giving. I enter the correct IMEI, same error. And then i tried a Iphone6s which i bought in Sams Club, paid it off completely. Which means i am out of contract. Enter the IMEI, i get the same error.

What do you think this means ? ATT is doing this intentionally and then when you call customer service they send me round and round to different departments. So you end up nowhere and frustrated.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

@navinkanus wrote:

ATT Device unlock site is rigged. ATT did it intentionally. They do not want customers to unlcok the devices. The Device unlock site is merely there to show government that they provide the service of unlocking devices.
Yes.  Because if you bought an ATT device, you have to use it on ATT.  If you want unlocked, buy unlocked.   Prepiad devices are sold at a deep discount and it is permitted to keep them locked for 12 months.  

Until a phone is used on ATT it will not show in the unlock portal.
To prove my point i entered an ATT device that was already unlocked. Same error : "Looks like the IMEI number you entered doesn’t match an AT&T device." . Previously i was able to enter the IMEI and it would say that this device has already been unlocked. 
It doesn’t actually prove a point, but if you say so.
Again, i took another prepaid phone that i bought over thanks giving. I enter the correct IMEI, same error. And then i tried a Iphone6s which i bought in Sams Club, paid it off completely. Which means i am out of contract. Enter the IMEI, i get the same error.
Ditto.
What do you think this means ? ATT is doing this intentionally and then when you call customer service they send me round and round to different departments. So you end up nowhere and frustrated.

It means that when ATT discounts prepaid phone, they want you to use their service.  So do other carriers.  For years ATT listed the IMEI in the system and allowed prepaid phones to be unlocked - losing a lot of money on the phones and service.  

Its a loop hole the plugged.  Should have done so years ago.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@navinkanus wrote:

I unlocked 4 devices Friday got the unlock codes today....  Site works for me...

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

I would agree that prepaid phones are subsidized. Not complaining there.

My primary complain is if i paid off and out of contract and i own a device that bought on ATT network, why would i have to be locked to ATT network.

I do not have any intention to switch, been a consistent customer for over 7 years. 

[edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

ATT does recognize the Phone when i enter it into their system. Seems odd isnt it ? But device unlock portal doesn't even recognize that this phone is locked to ATT.  [edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.