Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Keep Iphone deleted emails on the roadrunner server

Contributor

Keep Iphone deleted emails on the roadrunner server

I ma trying to figure out how to change the settings so if I delete an email from my Iphone7 it doesn't delete from my roadrunner email account server.

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by (Former Employee)
Accepted by ms_unicorn
‎01-12-2017 1:57 PM

Re: Keep Iphone deleted emails on the roadrunner server

In order to do that, you need to change email settings to use pop3 rather than imap. To do that, try this: https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-4294

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

I don't see the option to change IMAP to POP.  I tried deleting the account and entering it again and it doesn't give me a choice.

Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by PDQTOYS
‎01-05-2017 6:58 AM

You have to initially enter a bogus email address to force the phone to give you those options. If you enter a valid email address, the iPhone will auto discover.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support