The new iPhone 15
ArunMangrulkar's profile

Mentor

• 

54 Messages

Sunday, September 18th, 2016 9:15 PM

Closed

Jet Black iPhone 7 Plus Pre-Order Forum

I created this forum to discuss the fact that apparently no one who pre-ordered a Jet Black iPhone 7 Plus has received tracking info as of yet. On YouTube and eBay there are no signs of anyone in the world who has received this particular model of the phone without having personal connections inside Apple. At the end of every post you make, please indicate the following:

1. Which memory configuration you ordered (128GB or 256GB)

2. Date/time order was completed

3. Date/time you received your order confirmation

4. Original ship dates

5. Current ship dates (if different)

6. whether or not you have received tracking info

I myself entered my order contact email incorrectly so I didn't get an email notification that my order was placed, but I called to confirm later that day.

256GB, 2:51AM EST 9/9, N/A, 9/30-10/7, N/A, No

• 

25.7K Messages

8 years ago

A good video of the Jet Black. https://youtu.be/pCegl1K7m6M

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Ordered a jet black 7 plus 256GB on 9/9 at 3:03am EST and received confirmation email at 3:51am EST. Estimated shipping date has been 9/30-10/7 and has not changed-I have not received any shipping information. Looks like I ordered much sooner than a few other posters who's phones have already shipped, which is incredibly obnoxious. I haven't really been checking my order status incessantly, as I've come to expect poor communication and inconsistencies when dealing with AT&T.

• 

25.7K Messages

8 years ago

Ok I'm about to give up. As most of you know, I cancelled my jet black order this morning and ordered the matte black with the same configuration. I received the email with the terms & conditions while still on the phone with the ATT rep. As soon as I got off the phone, I accepted the terms etc. I just called the order status number just for the heck of it. It said my order is delayed and AT&T will contact me. Well I contacted AT&T. He said we're still waiting for you to accept the terms. I told him I did that this morning. He sent me the terms email again. I said I'm doing this while I'm on the phone with him. It gave me an error because it said I already did it and it was accepted or rejected. He said hold on. He needs to talk to the supervisor. Ready for this? He ask me where did I order the jet black from. I said the AT&T company store. And I cancelled and reordered the matte black this morning through the phone. Because I ordered the 1st phone at the store, I have to go to the store the sign the terms & conditions! I told him that's 40 miles away. He's crediting my account $25 for the inconvenience of having to go to the store. So I went into my app and made an appt at 11:00 am (that's when they open) and I'll be making a trip in the morning. Ugh. You know what would make this trip worth it? If they had my phone that I want there then I'll be doing the happy dance. I guess I should of never cancelled my original order. 😞

Mentor

• 

55 Messages

8 years ago

@Anonymous I hear you. I learned the same thing, the hard way. Spent 45min at the store, correcting the issue after getting off the phone with AT&T rep. They said they needed comfirmation that I was real. Even though I purchased and cancel online, and re-ordered. Now having to wait. Thought I be doing the happy dance too, hoping when I get to the store they had my phone.

• 

25.7K Messages

8 years ago

@lgpagan, did you have the rep at the store pinch you to make sure your real? Lol Well it's suppose to be nice tomorrow here in Maryland so I'll just open my sunroof and turn up my radio and deal with the awful drivers here. Lolol

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

8 years ago

I just got my shipping information! I ordered at 3:05 ET. I ordered jet black iPhone 7 plus 256gb. Will be receiving on Monday via Fedx. 

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

8 years ago

I ordered before you and I haven't got a notification yet!!!!

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

8 years ago

Why are people cancelling their order?  Unless your phone is on it's last legs, just be patient.  A few weeks one way or the other isn't going to matter if you have anything but an iPhone 3G.  Wait your turn in line and get the color you want.  All these cancels and re-orders and calls to AT&T when they aren't going to know anything more than the computer screen we see are mystifying to me.  Wasted energy.

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

8 years ago

@Lsolis210 where did you order from?

• 

25.7K Messages

8 years ago

@bergamini, mostly the reason for me is because the more I think about the jet black and how it scratches very easily, that was my determining factor. I'm very careful with all my cell phones but just decided to go with matte black. The matte black looks more like gun metal gray but found out it was the light that is making it look like that. That it really is black. My jet black ship dates were late October-November so it really didn't matter.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.