Issues with Google Voice voicemails going to AT&T voicemail box

Contributor

Issues with Google Voice voicemails going to AT&T voicemail box

The details:

• I have a personal iPhone 5s, with a personal AT&T phone number assigned to it.
  • I have a Google Voice phone number for work and use the Google Voice app on the aforementioned iPhone to receive and make work calls from that app. 

The problem:

• when the phone rings and I either physically send the phone to voicemail, or I don't answer and let it ring until my voicemail picks up, it is always picked up by my personal voicemail, and not my Google Voice voicemail.  This is an issue because: 1) my personal voicemail message does not mention my company name, and 2) I cannot save or forward iphone messages. 

.... me no likey. 

I'm pretty sure I have the settings appropriately set to do what I want, and it WAS working correctly (sometimes).... but never always.... and as of late, never works correctly.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: Issues with Google Voice voicemails going to AT&T voicemail box

This may be a Google voice or iPhone specific problem. It seems unlikely to be an AT&T specific problem.

I suggest googling the problem and see what solutions come up.
(The following is included after all posts to save typing) We are fellow customers. Our answers are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: Issues with Google Voice voicemails going to AT&T voicemail box

Perhaps the key is in how you forward. Check this link for instructions. I would be interested in knowing if it works. I also run my own business from my phone.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5795554_forward-voicemail-google-voice.html
(The following is included after all posts to save typing) We are fellow customers. Our answers are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support