Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 22, 2014
2:54:00 PM
View profile
Issues with Google Voice voicemails going to AT&T voicemail box

The details:

• I have a personal iPhone 5s, with a personal AT&T phone number assigned to it.
  • I have a Google Voice phone number for work and use the Google Voice app on the aforementioned iPhone to receive and make work calls from that app. 

The problem:

• when the phone rings and I either physically send the phone to voicemail, or I don't answer and let it ring until my voicemail picks up, it is always picked up by my personal voicemail, and not my Google Voice voicemail.  This is an issue because: 1) my personal voicemail message does not mention my company name, and 2) I cannot save or forward iphone messages. 

.... me no likey. 

I'm pretty sure I have the settings appropriately set to do what I want, and it WAS working correctly (sometimes).... but never always.... and as of late, never works correctly.

The details:

• I have a personal iPhone 5s, with a personal AT&T phone number assigned to it.
  • I have a Google Voice phone number for work and use the Google Voice app on the aforementioned iPhone to receive and make work calls from that app. 

The problem:

• when the phone rings and I either physically send the phone to voicemail, or I don't answer and let it ring until my voicemail picks up, it is always picked up by my personal voicemail, and not my Google Voice voicemail.  This is an issue because: 1) my personal voicemail message does not mention my company name, and 2) I cannot save or forward iphone messages. 

.... me no likey. 

I'm pretty sure I have the settings appropriately set to do what I want, and it WAS working correctly (sometimes).... but never always.... and as of late, never works correctly.

Issues with Google Voice voicemails going to AT&T voicemail box

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 23, 2014 7:35:14 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
This may be a Google voice or iPhone specific problem. It seems unlikely to be an AT&T specific problem.

I suggest googling the problem and see what solutions come up.
We are customers too. Our answers are based on experience, knowledge and reading the terms of service and are honest, but not always appreciated. Please mark the correct answer. Please do not post personal information
This may be a Google voice or iPhone specific problem. It seems unlikely to be an AT&T specific problem.

I suggest googling the problem and see what solutions come up.
We are customers too. Our answers are based on experience, knowledge and reading the terms of service and are honest, but not always appreciated. Please mark the correct answer. Please do not post personal information
We are customers too. Our answers are based on experience, knowledge and reading the terms of service and are honest, but not always appreciated. Please mark the correct answer. Please do not post personal information.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Issues with Google Voice voicemails going to AT&T voicemail box

2 of 3 (695 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 23, 2014 7:48:45 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Perhaps the key is in how you forward. Check this link for instructions. I would be interested in knowing if it works. I also run my own business from my phone.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5795554_forward-voicemail-google-voice.html
Perhaps the key is in how you forward. Check this link for instructions. I would be interested in knowing if it works. I also run my own business from my phone.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5795554_forward-voicemail-google-voice.html
We are customers too. Our answers are based on experience, knowledge and reading the terms of service and are honest, but not always appreciated. Please mark the correct answer. Please do not post personal information.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Issues with Google Voice voicemails going to AT&T voicemail box

3 of 3 (693 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments