The new iPhone 15
MayankThapak's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, May 18th, 2017 1:12 AM

Is this a AT&T Fraud? iPhone trade in for free iPhone 7 program promotion in Sept-2016

I am a victim of this and being a loyal consumer since last 6 years very disappointed with AT&T . Now i am thinking to move away with my bunch of friends. Certainly, I will tell all my friends to stay away with AT&T scam. 

In Sept -2016, AT&T surfaced a promotion, "customers who trades in their Iphone 6, Iphone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus that's in working condition they can get an iPhone 7 32 GB free after $650 in monthly bill credits." 

In sept when deal was active, I reached out to AT&T store and opted that deal after returning my very good conditioned and working Iphone-6 (more than $500 worth device), that store guy checked everything and told me that you are all set and credit will start automatically. 

In Dec-2016, i noticed that i am still paying around $32 for the Iphone-7. I reached out to customer support, he acknowledged the issue and created a case to expedite and get refund. 

One month passed but i did not get any response so i called customer support again and described my issue again. After several hours on phone with 4 difference persons, initially they were fighting with me saying we didn't have such promotion even i was giving them a link, at-last customer support representative acknowledged the issue again and created new case ticket and assured me that this will be resolved. 

In Feb or April, I reached out to them again with the same issue but no luck. This is really disappointing to see AT&T doing such fraud with their loyal customer who pays all the bills on time and bring more business to them. 

Now i am done and thinking to take some hard steps.

Thanks,

Mayank ***

[Edited for privacy. This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

You can contact advanced support here >> @ATTMobilityCare

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@MayankThapak What date did you purchase the iPhone 7?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Having the same problem.   Has your issue been resolved?  I just filed a complaint with the BBB.  I have completely lost faith in ATT ability to deliver on this promotion.    Now, I would like either my iphone 6 returned or the promised $650 credit upfront. [Edited to comply with Guidelines]    Seems like fraud to me.  

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

Um, fraud would indicate some intent, which means someone would have to know what they are doing, and that does not seem to be the case.  

Contact @ATTMobilityCare    

If you don't get results, or an explaination, and at least credit for the old phone, file an outside complaint.  Post results.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.