Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 12, 2014
11:07:29 AM
View profile
Is the iPhone worth it?

Hello everyone.  I am considering getting an Apple iPhone 5s or 6, when it is released, and I would like to know if you think the iPhone is worth it in terms of price, durability, etc.  I am thinking of getting an iPhone 5s or 6 because I already have a fifth generation Apple iPod Touch.

Hello everyone.  I am considering getting an Apple iPhone 5s or 6, when it is released, and I would like to know if you think the iPhone is worth it in terms of price, durability, etc.  I am thinking of getting an iPhone 5s or 6 because I already have a fifth generation Apple iPod Touch.

Is the iPhone worth it?

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 12, 2014 5:33:31 PM
(0)
Master

Only you can decide that .  As for the iPhone 6, since no REAL details have been released, no will be able to tell you about it.....

Most of us here are going to be biased and say yes they are great phones.  I use otterbox and lifeproof cases to protect my iPhones.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Only you can decide that .  As for the iPhone 6, since no REAL details have been released, no will be able to tell you about it.....

Most of us here are going to be biased and say yes they are great phones.  I use otterbox and lifeproof cases to protect my iPhones.

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Re: Is the iPhone worth it?

2 of 8 (675 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 12, 2014 7:10:21 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

crk4385 wrote:

If the phone has the features you want and you are willing to pay the price, it's probably worth it.  If it doesn't have the features you want, or you are not willing to pay the price, it's probably not worth it.

A few comments I will add are that iPhone over about 2 generations old are really starting to get too old and slow so they tend to become more frustrating than "fun".  Another tidbit is that AppleCare+ is worth the money.  It will extend the factory warranty for a second year, and it includes 2 "incidents" of accidental Damage protection (for a small fee of about $79). The last tidbit I will offer is that the USB cable for the new Lightning connector seems to be less robust (more prone to breaking) right at the place where teh cable comes out of the phone connector.  If you strees the cable at that point, it will break and need to be replaced.  I have havemy iPhone 5 since 9-21-2012 and am still using the cable that came with it.  My wife got her iPhone 5 in Nov 2012, and she has gone through about 6 or 7 USB cables.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

crk4385 wrote:

If the phone has the features you want and you are willing to pay the price, it's probably worth it.  If it doesn't have the features you want, or you are not willing to pay the price, it's probably not worth it.

A few comments I will add are that iPhone over about 2 generations old are really starting to get too old and slow so they tend to become more frustrating than "fun".  Another tidbit is that AppleCare+ is worth the money.  It will extend the factory warranty for a second year, and it includes 2 "incidents" of accidental Damage protection (for a small fee of about $79). The last tidbit I will offer is that the USB cable for the new Lightning connector seems to be less robust (more prone to breaking) right at the place where teh cable comes out of the phone connector.  If you strees the cable at that point, it will break and need to be replaced.  I have havemy iPhone 5 since 9-21-2012 and am still using the cable that came with it.  My wife got her iPhone 5 in Nov 2012, and she has gone through about 6 or 7 USB cables.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 8 (665 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 14, 2014 5:52:56 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
I personally have several different iPhone models in my family. I first decided to give a used iPhone 3GS a try back in October of 2011 after craving to experience what combining an iPod touch (which I already had) and a phone was like. I had been using a Samsung Captivate (original Galaxy S) Android phone for the past 8 months prior to receiving the 3GS and while it was a very nice phone, there just seemed to be something that was missing. I also experienced several minor issues with the Captivate (screen getting grainy/glitchy) and it was SO SLOW.

Since the introduction of the 3GS, I have been hooked on the iPhone line. Picked up my current iPhone 4 in June of 2012 and am STILL using it. I purchased it used from a buddy who had it before me who had been using it for 1.5-2 years. No problems whatsoever. Original charger, battery, screen; everything. I'd consider it a nearly 4 year survivor. Sold the 3GS to my mother who is also STILL using it. I convinced my sister to give an iPhone a try, and she's had her iPhone 4 since August 2013. My brother finally got on the bandwagon and picked up a used 4S not long after her and the only problem he has experienced was that he needed to replace the battery in his phone. Kind of funny how our 3GS and 4's are still running strong on the original batteries and his newer 4S needed a new battery, but there are several factors that could determine the health and longevity of the battery.

While I love my iPhone 4 (and iOS 6!) I know that I will eventually have to upgrade to a new phone. You'd better believe I'm going with none other than another iPhone. I have so many friends that are repeat buyers that I've lost track of who did not enjoy using their iPhone. Top notch in reliability, fast, efficient, and simple to use. What more could you ask for?

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

I personally have several different iPhone models in my family. I first decided to give a used iPhone 3GS a try back in October of 2011 after craving to experience what combining an iPod touch (which I already had) and a phone was like. I had been using a Samsung Captivate (original Galaxy S) Android phone for the past 8 months prior to receiving the 3GS and while it was a very nice phone, there just seemed to be something that was missing. I also experienced several minor issues with the Captivate (screen getting grainy/glitchy) and it was SO SLOW.

Since the introduction of the 3GS, I have been hooked on the iPhone line. Picked up my current iPhone 4 in June of 2012 and am STILL using it. I purchased it used from a buddy who had it before me who had been using it for 1.5-2 years. No problems whatsoever. Original charger, battery, screen; everything. I'd consider it a nearly 4 year survivor. Sold the 3GS to my mother who is also STILL using it. I convinced my sister to give an iPhone a try, and she's had her iPhone 4 since August 2013. My brother finally got on the bandwagon and picked up a used 4S not long after her and the only problem he has experienced was that he needed to replace the battery in his phone. Kind of funny how our 3GS and 4's are still running strong on the original batteries and his newer 4S needed a new battery, but there are several factors that could determine the health and longevity of the battery.

While I love my iPhone 4 (and iOS 6!) I know that I will eventually have to upgrade to a new phone. You'd better believe I'm going with none other than another iPhone. I have so many friends that are repeat buyers that I've lost track of who did not enjoy using their iPhone. Top notch in reliability, fast, efficient, and simple to use. What more could you ask for?

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 8 (608 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 30, 2014 3:56:30 PM
(0)
Scholar
What's in a phone for the price all depends on you. If you think spending 600 plus for a phone is worth it, the. Yes is worth it. Iphone is for users that prefer ease of interface, then iphone is for you. If ease of use is not your major concern, then having iphone or not doesn't really matter to you then. I personally think android phone is much better than iphone. Why? Cuz iphone u have to deal with it une every time, where android, you don't need to go through all that hassle.
What's in a phone for the price all depends on you. If you think spending 600 plus for a phone is worth it, the. Yes is worth it. Iphone is for users that prefer ease of interface, then iphone is for you. If ease of use is not your major concern, then having iphone or not doesn't really matter to you then. I personally think android phone is much better than iphone. Why? Cuz iphone u have to deal with it une every time, where android, you don't need to go through all that hassle.

5 of 8 (476 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 31, 2014 10:54:55 AM
(0)
Master

guangzl1 wrote:

Deal with what?

Advantages you have a backup to iTunes automatically either docked or wireless.

Usually supported for many years when a new iOS comes out.

Ease of use and very secure as long as you do not root it.

Very reliable and if you have other Apple devices migrates things with a breeze.

More available apps than the competition.

Higher resale value when you want to upgrade.

More available accessories than the competition.

guangzl1 wrote:

Deal with what?

Advantages you have a backup to iTunes automatically either docked or wireless.

Usually supported for many years when a new iOS comes out.

Ease of use and very secure as long as you do not root it.

Very reliable and if you have other Apple devices migrates things with a breeze.

More available apps than the competition.

Higher resale value when you want to upgrade.

More available accessories than the competition.

6 of 8 (426 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 31, 2014 11:17:57 AM
(0)
Scholar
Deal with iTunes every time when you have to transfer some data. When it comes to android phone, you can just copy and paste a file of movie without a problem, and just use the right video player, and there goes you video on your phone.
Also, apple basically want to make as much money out of your iPhone device. Everything you need to get, such as apps, musics, movies, etc...you can get it free from android, but for sure not apple unless you jailbreak the phone and then going through all the hassle of Uninstaller the software if your phone has problem and that you need to visit the apple store.

To me, iPhone is not worth it in my opinion. On top of that, every time I visit apple store, I always had bad experience with the employees there. Thus, apple product is no longer my cup of tea. I used to be the apple device only person, but now is completely the opposite side.
Deal with iTunes every time when you have to transfer some data. When it comes to android phone, you can just copy and paste a file of movie without a problem, and just use the right video player, and there goes you video on your phone.
Also, apple basically want to make as much money out of your iPhone device. Everything you need to get, such as apps, musics, movies, etc...you can get it free from android, but for sure not apple unless you jailbreak the phone and then going through all the hassle of Uninstaller the software if your phone has problem and that you need to visit the apple store.

To me, iPhone is not worth it in my opinion. On top of that, every time I visit apple store, I always had bad experience with the employees there. Thus, apple product is no longer my cup of tea. I used to be the apple device only person, but now is completely the opposite side.

7 of 8 (422 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 31, 2014 12:17:52 PM
(0)
Master

guangzl1 wrote:

Apple does create an ecco system between their products that for the most part works.  You hit it on the head for android though, you just copy a movie and use the right player....  For the average person, they are not going to look for the "right player"  And if you are more tech savy, It is not necessary to buy a movie from itunes to use it on an iDevice.  You can use Handbrake to convert a file and it can be transferred via iTunes with no issues.  It is just a matter of opinion and options.  

No need to Jailbreak and I have been using iDevices since the 3rd Generation iPod.

Please keep in mind that this is an old thread that was resurrectred in the last day or so.

guangzl1 wrote:

Apple does create an ecco system between their products that for the most part works.  You hit it on the head for android though, you just copy a movie and use the right player....  For the average person, they are not going to look for the "right player"  And if you are more tech savy, It is not necessary to buy a movie from itunes to use it on an iDevice.  You can use Handbrake to convert a file and it can be transferred via iTunes with no issues.  It is just a matter of opinion and options.  

No need to Jailbreak and I have been using iDevices since the 3rd Generation iPod.

Please keep in mind that this is an old thread that was resurrectred in the last day or so.

Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

8 of 8 (416 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments