The new iPhone 15
derrickrobert71's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, March 10th, 2015 12:57 AM

Iphone won't sync to itunes.

I was trying to sync my iphone 3gs to my PC. It used to work up until a week ago. I've tried numerous methods, but nothing works and contacting Apple is nearly impossible. Is there anyone at AT&T who can help?

Also; I feel its rather unfair that Go-phone customers can't chat online with tech support. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

9 years ago

Your iphone is out of date and probably can't sync with newer itunes software.
If you need support, contact Apple forums.

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

9 years ago

Are you trying to sync to iTunes via wifi or USB cable? If both do not work, probaly newer iTunes software is problem, and or 3GS is obsolete. There was newer software for iTunes other day.Smiley Wink

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

9 years ago

I apologize. Forgot to mention, how much memory you have on your 3GS? Maybe memory is filled up, need to delete something to sync.Smiley Surprised

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there @derrickrobert71

I’d be happy to help with synching your device!

What happens when you connect your device to your PC with iTunes open? Does a sync button appear? Is the device recognized at all?

I would recommend checking out Apple’s support article for syncing at - Sync your iPhone, iPad, and iPod with iTunes using USB

Thanks,

Charise

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

I'm trying to sync via USB. Even by doing it via wifi, my PC still has to recognize the device; which it does not.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

I have 3.1 GB of free memory space.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

No sync button appears in itunes nor does the PC recognize it.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

Hi everybody, 

In another attempt to fix my iphone sync problem, I remembered I had this docking station I bought from the Dollar Tree store over a year ago. I decided to try it in the hopes that will work…and it did.  I can only assume that it was a problem with the sync-cable I was using before, but I had been using the same sync-cable for over a year now and it worked just fine prior to experiencing this problem. 

If anyone else is experiencing this problem; I recommend checking or changing the sync-cable or docking station you're using with your iphone.

Below is a picture of my docking station.

Docking station.jpg

1 Attachment

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.