The new iPhone 15
boppo's profile

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

Sunday, January 2nd, 2011 9:33 PM

Iphone alarm clock no longer works after 2011.

I have 3 friends along with me that after 2011 the alarm will not go off. Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone have a fix? Thanks

Professor

• 

3.4K Messages

13 years ago

try a hard reset or restore or reset the alarm it self. okay i just set my alarm to go ff in two minutes we will see if it works.

you are  right the  Alarm does not work....

Professor

• 

3.4K Messages

13 years ago

nope the Hard reset did not work or did the reset alarm times did not work either.

i am glad i seen this thread becuase i depend on my alarm to get me up i nthe morning.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

Same here and I deleted the alarm and set up a new one

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

13 years ago

I think everybody has this problem, happy new year. bummer

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

13 years ago

set the alarm as a reoccuring alarm and it will work IE set it to go off monday-friday at 9AM or what ever time you want it to go off

Guru

• 

815 Messages

13 years ago

You are correct. It has to be re-occuring Mon-friday etc.

Also, everyone is saying that it will go away after Jan 3rd 2011. So just wait till tomorrow. Id set a couple more alarms to make sure though. haha

@decertified wrote:

set the alarm as a reoccuring alarm and it will work IE set it to go off monday-friday at 9AM or what ever time you want it to go off

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

13 years ago

@drumn_bass wrote:

Quick Google search gets us bad news, it's official, alarm does not work starting new year. ....Apple has admitted the problem/software bug, and their spokesman said the issue will fix itself on the 3rd of January.

Just curious: how will this problem "fix itself on the 3d of Jan?"  Will this involve a "patch" to iPhone software, a downloadable upgrade, or what?  If the problem will just "go away" on the 3d, then it's not a "fix."  It just won't affect iPhones after the 3d.  Which is it?  Thanks.

Professor

• 

3.4K Messages

13 years ago

Apple probly did this on Purpose to force poeple up their Iphones so they can not jailbreak them lol.

i hope it gets fix.

i found on google this is suppose to fix it

here is the link

http://www.solidblogger.com/iphone-alarm-not-working-2011-warning/#

INSTRUCTIONS

STEP 1. First you have to tap clock.

STEP 2. Then you have to tap Edit.

STEP 3. Now you have to tap your alarm

STEP 4. Now you have to tap Repeat.

STEP 5. Now you have to set a repeat interval.

STEP 6. Now tap save.

That’s it. In this way you can fix the iPhone Alarm bug. According to 9to5mac, this alarm bug will fix itself on 3rd January 2011. According to Engadget, It is one time alarms that are causing the problem, not repeats. Don’t forget to share your views in the comment section below. As usual stay tuned with us for more updates. Wish you a very very Happy New Year

Master

• 

7.4K Messages

13 years ago

@EWynett wrote:

Just curious: how will this problem "fix itself on the 3d of Jan?"  Will this involve a "patch" to iPhone software, a downloadable upgrade, or what?  If the problem will just "go away" on the 3d, then it's not a "fix."  It just won't affect iPhones after the 3d.  Which is it?  Thanks.

If your curious you can test it yourself by manually setting your phone to a date and time tomorrow (on the 3rd) and setting an alarm to test and see if it works.  That will give you your answer if it will just fix itself on after that date.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

13 years ago

I don't know if I have that problem or not.  I use 2 different 3rd party apps from teh app store for alarms, and they both worked propery on teh first and second of January (both repeating and single use alrams).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.