For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
Shadownyte's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Tuesday, August 30th, 2011 12:59 AM

Iphone account suspended question

Okay, my iphone was shut off as in I had no cellular network, my stepmother said the guy from AT&T said the iphone has no sim card thus to turn my phone back on she has to bring it in herself as the account is in her name and they have to reset it but I found a sim card in my iphone (3gs) what I want to know is does she really have to go back to AT&T and have it reset just to turn it back on? She can't do it over the phone which is how she suspended it in the first place

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

3.4K Messages

13 years ago

okay if your service was temporary suspended, no need to go to the AT&T store. might be able to turn it back on thru the on line account manager. or call Customer service and ask them to turn it back on.   as stated there is a setting in the on line account manager  what we call OLAM

OLAM has a setting to temporary suspend service. should be able  restore service this way.

call CS support.

@Shadownyte wrote:

The sim card is the one that came with it (the 3gs) we didn't ugrade they just called them to suspend my phone, they were going to just turn off the internet but decided to turn the whole thing off, it's the same phone we just want it turned back on and i just want to know if we really have to go to AT&T to reset it

ACE - Master

• 

10.4K Messages

13 years ago

Who's SIM card is in the 3GS, and is it active? If it was your old 3GS and you upgraded to a 4, the SIM in the 3GS would have been deactivated when the SIM in the 4 was activated. Did you try turning on the 3GS and seeing if it worked? If it says "no service", it probably won't work with your current phone either. If the 3GS does work, you may be able to transfer the SIM.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

13 years ago

The sim card is the one that came with it (the 3gs) we didn't ugrade they just called them to suspend my phone, they were going to just turn off the internet but decided to turn the whole thing off, it's the same phone we just want it turned back on and i just want to know if we really have to go to AT&T to reset it

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.