Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Iphone X

Contributor

Iphone X

I have Iphone X model Number MQAU2LL/A used to be active in It&t  and used by my son he upgrade his phone and gave this phone to me. I have an account with Sprint. This phone is unlocked but Sprint can not activated it because it design for use by AT&T. Is it possible? Is it legal?

Thanks

AJ

Message 1 of 3
Master

Re: Iphone X

It’s legal, but it won’t work because the AT&T version of the iPhone X lacks the CDMA radios to work with Sprint’s network.

Message 2 of 3
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by Digital Assistant (Digital Assistant)
Accepted by ATTForumsBot
‎10-24-2019 11:52 AM

Re: Iphone X

Yes, it’s possible and legal. The model you have does not have CDMA which is the 3G technology used by Sprint and Verizon. Even though both Sprint and Verizon are shutting down their 3G networks and your phone will work fine on their LTE network, for some reason Sprint won’t activate a phone without CDMA. You have to take that up with Sprint. You can use the phone on T-Mobile or Verizon.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support