Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Iphone Unlock phone approved but no service and not working

Tutor

Iphone Unlock phone approved but no service and not working

Hi, i received an approval email, followed instructions, and its gave me a " no service" when i turned on my phone on a non att sim card. I requested 3 times already and still not working. Please help!

Message 1 of 13
ACE - Expert

Re: Iphone Unlock phone approved but no service and not working

@CeeGeeA7 What instructions?

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 13
Tutor

Hi GaryLapointe,

Congratulations! Your request was approved

We received and approved your request to unlock your Apple iPhone, device. Use the instructions in this email to unlock your device.

Instructions:
Once you have received the email confirming AT&T has approved and processed your unlock request, follow these instructions to complete the unlock for your device.

Using a Non-AT&T SIM Card:

1. Remove your SIM card and insert the new SIM card.

2. Complete the setup process.

Message 3 of 13
ACE - Expert

@CeeGeeA7 Sounds good.

Did you try a different SIM card?

Where did you get that SIM card? Are you certain the new SIM is working properly?

• Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 13
Tutor

Yes, i have tmobile carrier now and have tried 2 sim cards. I have to take my daughter's from her iphone and tried it on this phone im trying to unlock but It did not work. 

Message 5 of 13
ACE - Expert

@CeeGeeA7 You've powered your phone off and all the way back on? 

Message 6 of 13
Tutor

Yes, turned it off and back on. Reset. Take the sim card out again, put it back in, turned it on. So many times, and still gave me the same issue. Tried it again the next day...still the same...

Message 7 of 13
ACE - Sage

Did you back up, erase, then setup as new with backup?

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 8 of 13
Tutor

No i didnt do that one...should i back it up without the sim card first?
Message 9 of 13
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by CeeGeeA7
‎01-29-2017 9:11 PM

@lizdance40 My iPhone unlock instructions were 

We have reviewed your request and confirmed that the device may be unlocked. Please follow the unlock instructions below to unlock your device. Please allow 24 hours upon receipt of this notification to complete the unlock process.

• A) Using a Non-AT&T SIM Card: 1) Remove your SIM card and insert the new SIM card. 2) Complete the setup process. 

• B) Using an AT&T SIM Card 1) Back up your iPhone. 2) When you have a backup, erase your iPhone. 3) Restore your iPhone from the backup you just made.

Thank you for your business. For other questions about our AT&T wireless service or other Mobile devices, please visit att.com

I only did A and was able to use a FreedomPOP SIM in my iPhone 6s.  I did not need to erase.  

FYI, I believe doing choice B should get still you a message in iTunes that it's unlocked at some point in the process.

Tags (1)
Message 10 of 13
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support