The new iPhone 15
Charles12's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, April 28th, 2019 2:03 AM

My iPhone SE shows no voicemails

No voicemail when I open it it Has VM in it .

It shows as a missed call 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

156 Messages

5 years ago

I'd say power off your iPhone and from another phone call your number, push * and then dial your VM password. Play and erase all of your messages (during each message press 77, 77, 77, 77... Etc). Hang up and do it again just to make sure there are no saved, skipped, or deleted messages left. Power on the iPhone and check that the visual voicemail now also reflects that there are no messages remaining. From that other phone dial your iPhone and when the greeting picks up go ahead and leave a message for yourself. Hopefully the iPhone alerts you to the message being left and allows you to play it through visual voicemail. Also check to be sure your iPhone notification settings are good. Look under settings / notifications /phone... I have an android now so I might be off by a bit on this. You'd want allow notifications on, banner style temporary badges on, and a sound selected. If still not good - call att and be sure your account voicemail feature codes are correct for iPhone, and maybe ask to check if the message waiting indicator feature is enabled but this may no longer be necessary. Good luck with this.

Scholar

• 

156 Messages

5 years ago

Go to the phone dialer and press and hold the 1 button to access old fashioned voicemail. Verify your PIN works to access the mailbox.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

not the problem.
call comes in as missed call.
not as a Voicemail.
what to do?

Scholar

• 

156 Messages

5 years ago

Are you saying that the voicemail is in fact working, callers can leave messages, you can check messages, but you never get notifications for new voicemails? on the iPhone, this would be a Badge (red number) on the voicemail part of the phone screen. For visual voicemail anyways. for non iPhones I'd say to delete all messages on your voicemail, and then have someone leave a new voicemail. That used to clear up what was referred to as the Message Waiting Indicator not working. Sometimes having ATT "rebuild" the voicemail box would help, but make sure they 'rebuild' rather than 'reset' (which only applies to the password) Might be worth giving this a try if the visual voicemail does not have the indicator of a new message, but does in fact show the message and let you play it.

Scholar

• 

156 Messages

5 years ago

Maybe i'm not understanding your initial concern of "No voicemail when I open it it Has VM in it "

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

No badge on the voicemail also when you open it says no voicemail. When I
open it it has voicemail. I try fixing it my self did not work. Charles 12

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks it worked best one yet, i have tried a lot of fix this is the only one that worked for me.

Thanks A Lot for your help.

Have a Blessed day and a happy one

Charles 12 

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

If i go to phone and press voicemail the screen has a box in the center with call voicemail in the center.

Scholar

• 

156 Messages

5 years ago

Glad it's fixed!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.